Unhelpful and poor attitude at Porepunkah

stevron

Today I travelled Porepunkah air field by road, to see what are my options to get a group into either Bright or

Porepunkah , I regularly arrange flyaways for a small group. At the air field I meet with a self launching glider pilot , who was uninterested to talk to me and boarder on rudeness.

So to that pilot I say “what goes around comes around “ thanks for nothing.

I fly from a private strip around Wangaratta and regularly visit Bright, what would you like to know? . It’s a great little strip, I am sorry your experience was less than favourable. Mt Beauty is also a great place to visit with the added advantage of only a short walk to the town for lunch or accomodation

Hi Stevron,

I went to a fly-in at Porepunkah a few years ago and the local people/pilots I met there were great - so I am hoping this guy was a one-off.

I wouldn't let one sad bugger put you off.

Good luck with organizing your fly away - I do the same thing for a bunch of pilots at Penfield....

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

Today I travelled Porepunkah air field by road, to see what are my options to get a group into either Bright or

Porepunkah , I regularly arrange flyaways for a small group. At the air field I meet with a self launching glider pilot , who was uninterested to talk to me and boarder on rudeness.

So to that pilot I say “what goes around comes around “ thanks for nothing.

French? Reached the top of a Taiwan mountain climb and 2 guys were already there. Turned their backs when I talked to them. French.

I spend a lot of time outside Australia and when back (Melbourne) notice people not waving or acknowledging when you make space for them to enter traffic. I really don’t get this. Maybe things are changing and not in a good way. It’s so easy to acknowledge and it’s usually rewarding. Maybe they get some sense of superiority. Dicks.

I fly out of Porpepunka, and am an active member of the Porepunkah Airport Association. Sounds like an unfortunate encounter, perhaps the glider pilot may have been offended by a nonresident telling him how to run the airport.....

I may have met the said glider pilot when I landed at Tocumwal a couple of years ago. Don’t judge a strip due to just one flyer.

? I met this guys mates at Waikerie a while back.

I was staying at Renmark and thought I’d drop in and say hello to the gliding guys. I took a fruit log with me to share.

Nobody interested. No response to my suggestion of a morning tea break and no access to clubhouse.

I accrued about 500 hours in gliders way back and clubs used to be really welcoming.

Perhaps they were up from Adelaide and had a city attitude? Dunno!

Stevron,

You are very quick witted I must admit, so I shan’t engage you in a battle of intellect.

We are welcoming at Porepunkah, and have been making efforts to improve the profile of the the facility. We will be conducting a fly in to aid bushfire relief in April, the details are on our website, www.ypok.org.au.

Looking forward to seeing you, and any one else there, to assist in the economic recovery of Bright and the surrounding communities,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Earl , the inference you made to was to attack me, I met a pilot on the airfield who was bordering on rude, at no time did I say Porepunkah aero club or it’s members where unfriendly or unhelpful, as I only met the glider pilot. But a grunt and a couple words and then to walk off and ignore me. That was unfriendly.

• Like 1

Stevron,

My comments were not an attack on you,I am sure every organisation has people with limited communication skills, and you encountered such an individual here. Who for some reason at the time was reluctant to engage.

Your initial comments reflected on PAA as a community, as did your subsequent comment.

However, our website has eperienced an increase in traffic, as has interest in our fly in.

Without this thread, I feel that there are any number of people who may not have known about our endeavours.

So, all is not lost, and thank you for bringing Porepunkah to the front of aviation discussion.

If you get to Porepunkah, ask for me.....

• Like 2

The Jacky Winter is a small brown bird belonging to the Robin family. Some people appear to believe that they are most prevalently sighted and heard in Autumn, although that is the common mating season for most birds.

• Agree 1

The Jacky Winter is a small brown bird belonging to the Robin family. Some people appear to believe that they are most prevalently sighted and heard in Autumn, although that is the common mating season for most birds.

Correct and they have angry eyebrows and chatter incessantly all night with a full moon. I'll have to put on an irony and sarcasm warning :oh yeah:

I met a few like that at My Beauty couple of years back. Really makes a poor impression on visitors. However, you can't judge a place on a single impression. Visited Porepunkah years ago and was treated well. Mt Beauty was my home town.