Unidentified non flying aircraft!!

bunyips

Quad City Challenger, why I won't buy a Challenger ultralight.

I read this article and went through some crash reports as well. I am aware of some of the problems associated with this aircraft. If I get it and the motor at the price i think I am then I will post more to do with this particular Challenge/r ;)

• More 1

I have flown in one, but only as a passenger. It would not be hard to fly as my pilot was a low time pilot and I helped him out with some advice. The rudder can be too small in the older versions. I worked out some rough figures as to how big it should be and the original was way too small, but there is a designed update that works well.

And if you are starting with a basic fuselage frame only and are aware of the issues with the original who's to say you rebuild to that form. Add your own wing and control surfaces and you have a Bunyips MK1 not a challenger

And if you are starting with a basic fuselage frame only and are aware of the issues with the original who's to say you rebuild to that form. Add your own wing and control surfaces and you have a Bunyips MK1 not a challenger

That's a good idea- fix all the design issues and have a much better wing at the same time. You are basically building a new aircraft anyway- so make as you want it with all the updates/mods that are considered to make a vast improvement.

Quad city challenger be damned.

Bunyip sounds a good name.

Just have a local Aborigine do a smoking ceremony before first flight. The Bunyip can be a deadly beast.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1