The most secret weapon of the Luftwaffe

Guest ericthered1975

Guest ericthered1975

I share with you a lot of pictures, some of them previously unreleased, rare and never before seen by me, referring to one of the secret weapons of the Luftwaffe. We are talking about the Horten flying wing. Perhaps, the aircraft of the Second World War the most ahead of its time than any other, went into production too late to be put into service. Do you think if he had gone into production would have changed the course of the war and history? Visit the link below and give us your opinion about it.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/a-mais-secreta-arma-da-luftwaffe.html

Best Regards.

The Horton flying wing is actually quite well known in the RC modelling fraternity. It has been modelled with IC engine ducted fans and also electric ducted fans and I am sure I remember someone in England doing one with 2 model jet turbines. I have no doubt if the germans had fixed the stability issues it could well have made a big difference...but then again if Hitler had the foresight and not be the looney he was the ME262 could have definately changed the outcome

Seems a reasonable approach to me, given the scarcity of metals, and that, being a flying wing, there wold be none of the loads on a fuselage that are caused by the forces generated by a tailplane or rudder/fin assembly.

OME