What radiator hose for Rotax 912

nomadpete

Hi Lightwing brothers.

I'm doing a hose replacement on my GA912 Lightwing. There is a "rubber replacement kit" from Bert but it doesn't include the two radiator hoses. The top one is easy as it's straight. Can anyone tell me what automotive equivalent will fit the long lower hose?

Thanks,

Peter

PS the thread title should say "rotax" but autocorrect didn't agree and it changed it to "total".

G'day Peter, I got one hose from Repco and the other from a Mackay rubber catalogue (360 pages to find the right one). I wrote the numbers down in the maintenance log but the aircraft has been sold. I just took the hoses with me to town and got the right bends ect and cut them to length. I have not seen one Lightwing Rotax installation the exactly the same so it is not as easy as just ordering one off the shelf. Regards Clayt.

Thanks, Clay. I tried Repco but they no longer allow me to go behind the counter to do my own selection. They all seem to insist on a car make and model. Bring back the 'good ole daze' when I could go down the back with my sample an find the right hose myself. So far I've managed to get a couple that might do (with a bit of massaging and cutting). Was just hoping someone had good catalogue numbers.

PS Thank you to the mod who corrected the thread title.

I tried Repco but they no longer allow me to go behind the counter to do my own selection.

Spent some time over xmas on the GoldCoast,...... SuperCheapAuto in Burliegh(spp) had a wall full of impressive hosing including wire reinforced.

Very impressed with the range and selection , good prices too.

Thanks for the tip Cherk, unfortunately that's a bit far from home. Looks like I'll just go with carefully chopping the ones I've got.

• 5 years later...