What`s Happening???

farri

Thanks Pud, 19 rego,one of Wayne Fishers!

Last sunday morning I took my neighbour John the Pom with me and we did a 3.1 hr flight, south along the coast,to show him the countryside. Landed at Innisfail to be joined by Wayne and Julie Bagley in their Thruster then flew on to Tully where we landed for a leg stretch.

Wayne and Julie decided to fly back to Innisfail, John and I flew on to Cardwell before returning home to Deeral.

Very enjoyable flight!

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

g'day guys

been doing some last light flights betwixt Roadvale and Boonah at last light lately, very nice time to be in the air

at one stage all the ground below was in shade, the sun was over the range and i was still in sun - unreal...

btw, a Drifter has just been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX, based on my acft actually

there is a demo version on floats available for nix but if you want the wheeled version you have to buy the package

at $20 it is an absolute bargain, look at Ant's Airplanes for the Drifter, Roadvale (where i hangar 455) is also available, freeware

cheers for now

BP

ps still gonna do a Drifter Fly-In at Boonah later in the year, date to be set

• Caution 1

I`m doing my bit to keep the Drifter alive !

I`ve just got back from taking a young adult couple for their first flight in a small aircraft and they were both completely over the moon with it.

I gave them one of our Magazines, info about RAA , and this forum !

We may have a new forum member and possibly a student pilot !

Cheers,

Frank.

• Like 1

Hi I

Just wondering if any Drifters have been flexing their wings lately!Hows everyone going?

Frank.

Flew last Sunday 1st May from Mackay (Marion) to Shute harbour and return late that afternoon 2.9 hours, back seat in drifter. All systems and engine ran sweet. Had the best time; autum weather Norht Queenland style. Clear open sky. Fantastic now the rain has departed.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

I see Recreational Aviation Company here in Gympie has two drifters now on line for training and hire, so with mine there are three in Gympie who said Drifters are a dying breed.

had a nice flight back to Roadvale from Boonah yesterday afternoon, in very nice conditions

Kiwi and i took off together and we flew in company overhead Moogerah Dam, some very nice mountain scenery around there

poor old David Mason was stuck on the ground (lives nr the dam) watching us fly over, sent me a PM to say he saw us go over

i thought Kiwi had gone back to Boonah after i struck out for Roadvale from the dam, did a two way flypast of the runway at Roadvale (nil wind) b4 setting up to land

taxiied in, cooled down, turned off, and could still hear a Drifter!!! turned around, and there was Kiwi taxiing in behind me

a little cool and some big smooth areas of lift/sink on the day but some V nice flying with 2 x 40 min flts

cheers for now

BP

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if any Drifters have been flexing their wings lately!Hows everyone going?

Frank.

My Easter fly-away to Temora and back in my wire braced Drifter.

Departed Boonah overflying Warwick to Inglewood for a “tree” break, then on to Warialda (another tree break) then tracking to the east of Narrabri on to “Lynden” (west of Gunnedah). 5.0 Hours.

“Lynden” to Narromine (tree break) to Temora 5.6 Hours (Stayed for 2 nights)

Temora to Narromine. 2.5 Hours

Narromine to “Lynden” 2.2 Hours (Ian had food poising and I flew his Fisher Sports back to Lynden then Grummo picked me up in his Jab and took me back to Narromine to get my Drifter)

Narromine to “Lynden” 2.5 Hours (Stayed for 2 nights)

“Lynden” to Dirranbandi (overflying Moree) 3.5 Hours

Dirranbandi to Inglewood 3.2 Hours (Stayed for 4 nights)

Inglewood to Clifton, then to Gatton Air Park for lunch and on to Boonah. 2.5 Hours

Total hours 27 hours (about 42 Hours so far this year)

Kiwi

• Like 2

Goodonya Kiwi,quite a flight,and the Drifter keeps it affordable!!!

Frank.

Ps, Yeah, Yeah......To all those who want their creature comforts! I know it can get awful cold cold.gif.c4cdc44db1f6c401c5e88ff399ed7104.gif in the Drifter!!! 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Yes you two looked like you were having a great time. I reckon kiwi's would have to be one of the most widely travelled drifters around, must have been to every fly-in/airshow in the last ten years!!! Haha

Hello All,

I fly my wire braced around most weekends and get around 60 hrs a year up in small flights. Land at Bundy for a coffee and chat a lot of weekends and show the flag around the metal and plastic. Keep the beast in the backyard so it is easy to go for a quick blast is you get the itch.

Anyone passing Bundy is welcome to drop in for a coffee/tea, just let me know and I'll give you details.

• Like 2

For all those that went to Natflf there was only 3 Drifters there. This one is mine.

Here is the other two on the way to Natfly . "Photo by Cloudsuck"

129337664_driftersonthewaytonatfly(Medium).JPG.eec0baa4a8cb480596dc8f19bd8a6b4a.JPG

• Like 4

Looks like the red is an Austflight Drifter, the other, Wayne Fisher!Gee Whiz! The ground looks awful stony!

Frank.

I will post some better photos tonight, the strip looks better than this in real life. (It's "merc's" strip west of Gunnedah)

Kiwi

hi I have a ? Warwick to Boonah do you follow the cuningham hwy over the hills or is there a safer way because if the weather is ok I am thinking of flying up for breakfast in july should be interesting. Mark

• Like 1

hi I have a ? Warwick to Boonah do you follow the cuningham hwy over the hills or is there a safer way because if the weather is ok I am thinking of flying up for breakfast in july should be interesting. Mark

We just follow the highway. If Amberley is active you are limited to 4500 feet.

Check the states of Amberley on the ground by phoning 07 5361 3581, then 118.3 in the air.

See you at Boonah on the 17th of July.

Kiwi.

ps. Where are you flying from ?

• Like 1