Where can I get this coolant hose?

ozzietriker

Hi all,

I'm doing my 5 yearly Rotax rubber replacement and could anyone please tell me where can I get a replacement hose to this black ribbed style coolant hose? (pictures attached) it has an internal diameter of 1 inch and wall is 4mm wide.

It looks like straight heater hose but it needs to handle 130' Celcius (unlike car radiator hoses which are only good for 80-90'C). I am thinking that silicone type hoses are the way to go due their high temperature tolerance and excellent ageing characteristics. Unfortunately I am unable to get this hose from Bert Floods as it is a non-Rotax part. The aircraft OEM can supply it to me from europe in 5 weeks which is not ideal either. I'd love to hear what someone out there may be using as an equivilent?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

IMG_6403.thumb.jpg.27af2cdb193ac10b6132bb0ba8e4c99d.jpg

IMG_6396.thumb.jpg.a80145050b78e15f1170bae4b00fa2a5.jpg

IMG_6401.thumb.JPG.2c491bb846bd988ea16f4aa30de21279.JPG

Hi Ozzie - did you check out the Gates catalogue, https://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~...application-catalogue-aus-nz-january-2018.pdfas - I suggest ?

Pages 14, 15,16,17 all have 25 mm/1 in hoses listed. Try talking to your local Repco they are all agents for Gates products.

Oh! and by he way dont know where you go this idea from "unlike car radiator hoses which are only good for 80-90'C " its not only not correct, its not even logical - car cooling system must be able to withstand prolonged temperatures above the boiling point of water (100 Centigrade). True the cooling system will, under light load cool weather, keep the system below this but it must be able to withstand high load hot ambient conditions as well.

I am confident that no Rotax engine operates above normal automotive cooling system temperature range.

Quote Reply

• Like 1

Hi Ozzie - did you check out the Gates catalogue, https://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~...application-catalogue-aus-nz-january-2018.pdfas - I suggest ?

Pages 14, 15,16,17 all have 25 mm/1 in hoses listed. Try talking to your local Repco they are all agents for Gates products.

Oh! and by he way dont know where you go this idea from "unlike car radiator hoses which are only good for 80-90'C " its not only not correct, its not even logical - car cooling system must be able to withstand prolonged temperatures above the boiling point of water (100 Centigrade). True the cooling system will, under light load cool weather, keep the system below this but it must be able to withstand high load hot ambient conditions as well.

I am confident that no Rotax engine operates above normal automotive cooling system temperature range.

Quote Reply

Thanks Skippydiesel for that suggestion and i'll be sure to check it out :)

Try the following Gates cooling/heater system hoses Part No's -

24216 - conventional

24916 - wire reinforced

24816 - silicon

28225 - silicon

28413 - long length

28420 - long length

26244 - silicon long length

28449 - long length

All, are 25 mm, will have different pressure ratings (do not over specify you will be adding unnecessary cost & weight)

• Like 1

Try the following Gates cooling/heater system hoses Part No's -

24216 - conventional

24916 - wire reinforced

24816 - silicon

28225 - silicon

28413 - long length

28420 - long length

26244 - silicon long length

28449 - long length

All, are 25 mm, will have different pressure ratings (do not over specify you will be adding unnecessary cost & weight)

Thanks Skippy

Gates make top quality products, the Gates fan belts on Perth public transport buses last for 500,000kms. Their hoses are just as good.

Most Japanese cars run close to 100°C in normal operation, and go to 110°-115° on hot Summer days under load. When a temperature gauge on a Japanese vehicle points to H, it's definitely Hot!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Gates make top quality products, the Gates fan belts on Perth public transport buses last for 500,000kms. Their hoses are just as good.

Most Japanese cars run close to 100°C in normal operation, and go to 110°-115° on hot Summer days under load. When a temperature gauge on a Japanese vehicle points to H, it's definitely Hot!

Thanks for the suggestion Onetrack :)