Another spin accident

Guest SrPilot

That guy would have to be a 100% bred cat with the full nine lives! Can't imagine how hard it would be to get back into the cockpit after experiencing that!

Wayne

No fire doesn't mean no fuel (of course that is always a possibility though!) There is still a fair amount of engine noise in that video although how much power was being produced I obviously don't know.

I can recall the local firebombing operators dropping a Dromader onto a suburban house in Perth, W.A. It landed on the carport, and there was only a surprisingly moderate amount of damage, and the pilot escaped injury. I guess he must have still had a little forward speed and lift for that to happen.

There's quite a difference in the ROD of various aircraft when they are spinning, fully developed. That naturally has a big effect on the damage/injury one might expect, to result from it. As an example Many DH 82 spins were survived and this was rarely the case with a DHC-1. Trees, structure snow etc can reduce the impact forces. You are looking at ROD's of 6,000 FPM (over 60 MPH) vertical component. Nev

How in the heck did he get himself into that situation in an amphibian? I just want to know! And it's time for him to run out and buy a lottery ticket....

Could it have been a base to final turn stuff up? Considering the water there.

Well spotted Pylon - ASN Aircraft incident 23-JUL-2016 Freedom Master FM-2 Air Shark N282XT . Quite a slick looking beast, however in my limited experience pylon mounted engines can cause some slightly unpleasant flying characteristics, or at least traps for young players.

Reported elsewhere as having occurred shortly after take-off from a nearby airport.