Night VFR

Bidgee

CAO 95.55 - "Aeroplane can only be flown during daylight hours"

Fair enough but why couldnt it be handled like CAO 95.55 par 5.2 which permits RAA AC into CTR provided the pilot is holds a PPL, the AC meets the specific requirements and the pilot is endorsed?

Guest Andys@coffs

because the rules as written clearly disallow it, whether that make sense or not. As we are seeing with other CAO changes, dont hold your breath waiting for them, it seems that there is only 0.001FTE available to generate CAO legislation and he should have some spare capcity to address stupidity in about 400yrs

There are plenty of similar things, for example a trike that is registered under RAA (32 registration) cannot be flown by a pilot that holds a HGFA certificate covering weight shift trikes. A HGFA registered trike has a T2 registration. And of course the reverse is also not allowed. There is absolutely no difference between a T2 registered aircraft and a 32 registered aircraft of the same make.... That said, a few forms and the draining of a few $ easily turns a T2 into a 32 aircraft where the total work done is new rego stickers...

Considering what is at risk if you just assume that it will be Ok then if there was any wriggle room I'd get CASA to answer the question. I pressume that we are talking about a $90k to $120k machine and as such one that almost certainly is insured. If something were to happen without that clarification then good luck getting the insurance company to cough up...

Andy

Considering what is at risk if you just assume that it will be Ok then if there was any wriggle room I'd get CASA to answer the question. I pressume that we are talking about a $90k to $120k machine and as such one that almost certainly is insured. If something were to happen without that clarification then good luck getting the insurance company to cough up...

Andy

Dont worry, I've no intention of contravening the legislation. Like you said the risk is not worth it. I was really just trying to understand firstly if it was possible, and secondly if its much of a drama to get the rules changed.