has anyone got there mag yet

mr badger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have an add in it I phoned yesterday questioning it and was told "by Xmas".

Told them I got my Dec "Aviator" on 2 Dec; and bought Jan/Feb "Australian Flying" today.

This is not good enough!

It was not long ago that (Ithink) RA Aus was thinking (??) of removing the mag from newsagents as it was making a loss...I WOUNDER WHY IT IS

Guest basscheffers
It was not long ago that (Ithink) RA Aus was thinking (??) of removing the mag from newsagents as it was making a loss...I WOUNDER WHY IT IS

You'd have to define "loss"; I only found out about RA because of the magazine being on the shelves.

So even if it is a loss on the magazine, it may well be a gain for the organisation as a whole. See it as a marketing expense.

I agree that the mag being available to non members via newsagents is essential.

My point was that the current slovenly presentation for sale well after the date on the cover hinders it's sale potentential to "non beleavers" who I think would discount it as "old" and buy a more "current" mag...one that looks current as the printed date is more in line with the calendar.

The current situation is very poor marketing...and a possible reasion it seems to be non performing with sales...AND costing RA Aus (=us!) money!

Guest basscheffers

Realistically; it is normal for a magazine to come out with the December issue early November, etc.

So basically, all they need to do is to call the next two issues "February" and they are in line with industry practice again...

Guest burbles1

You're correct HEON - the Board mentioned at the AGM that they did not see newsagency sales as being a sustainable marketing option, and that they would remove the mag from the shelves.

That begs the question: How are we now going to promote RA to the public?

Removing from newsagents not the way to go.

Do not think other aviation mags being distributed as a loss or they would not be on the market.

I am not a marketing person myself but as I rearly think RA Aus has something to sell...recreational aviation...some bums need to be kicked to get the product in the black

Even tho the RAAus bundle the two months i think you will find also that the postie will not deliver mags and similar untill after Christmas. They have enough to carry at this time of year.

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Dec/Jan will come out in Jan. At the risk of being abused beyond belief (the norm these days) I'll risk saying this. 'There mag' should be 'their mag'. An example; Their magazines are over there. They're late this month. Now, let the abuse roll in.....