Airport bum

Guest ron dunn

Guest ron dunn

:gerg: Hi, My name is Ron Dunn. Started up the original RAA-us flying school here in port pirie S.A. around 18 years ago but had to retire few years ago due to large hearing loss.

Have around 3500 hours and still in love with flying. I am a fair way down the track in refurbishing a Evens VP1 and hope to have it flying soon.

Have joined a local flying group that have several private aircraft and will be putting a 912 lightWing on line soon (we started our school with a new LightWing before we went to Jabiru aircraft) and will enjoy flying this type of aircraft again.

Happy flying

Wow, 3500 hours is quite a bit!!! :big_grin:

Congratulations on your retirement. I bet a lot of poeple will read your post and be very jealous (including myself)... if only we could all retire and fly, with 3500 under the belt already, it would be lovely! :big_grin:

Enjoy yourself with your new flying group 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest ron dunn

Most of those hours were instructing in RAA-us aircraft or gliders and enjoyed every one of them. Hope to get a few more hours up before the pin is pulled. My flying in the VP1 will be a bit restricted due to operating no radio. 2 seater flying (outside of local) can be with my wife to help with the radio. She has hundreds of right hand seat time up in the LSA Jabiru when we were operating the school.

Happy flying