ZENITH CH 801 - seeking advice re: 4 place DIY KIT, who is buidling a CH801 ?

Guest bushpastor

Guest bushpastor

Am giving serious consideration in building a CH801.The aircraft will eventually live in PNG taxying nurses in and out of bush strips.

Wanting to know if any have ideas on easier 4 place building options, pros and cons of the 801 from builders perspectives inc any 701 builders opinions on the kits. Thanks GG keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

This aircraft appears to be mostly used in the Southern Hemisphere for mission work, principally South America and Africa. Contact Zenith and they will put you in touch with other mission operators who use this versatile plane.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Bushpastor,

It just so happens that I know of an 801 that is 80-90% finished with a Lycoming 320 .

The build is very good. The owner / builder who's name is Malcom is a friend of a friend of mine .

I think that he had a change of circumstance and consequently the plane ended up in storage at my mate's place in a shed and has been there for about a year or more. I do not know any more about it but I would hazard a guess that it just might be for sale for the right kind of money.

The plane is located near the Glasshouse Mountains in Queensland.

Feel free to contact me if this "tickles your fancy".

fly safe

Walter

Guest bushpastor

A Lycoming 320, thats a 150hp engine isnt it? wonder how it would go in the bush in PNG? the preferred option is a 180hp due to short bush strips at altitude for a steep climb out with full load. What price I wonder? May be interested. email me [email protected]

• 6 months later...
Am giving serious consideration in building a CH801.The aircraft will eventually live in PNG taxying nurses in and out of bush strips.Wanting to know if any have ideas on easier 4 place building options, pros and cons of the 801 from builders perspectives inc any 701 builders opinions on the kits. Thanks GG keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

I have a friend that is a Missionary in the PNG and he tells me the they will most positively not allow any experimental in there air space. It is possible though not likely I a wrong, Please make sure they will let you se it. Pray and and fallow God's lead.

• Caution 1

• 2 months later...
Hi Bushpastor,It just so happens that I know of an 801 that is 80-90% finished with a Lycoming 320 .

The build is very good. The owner / builder who's name is Malcom is a friend of a friend of mine .

I think that he had a change of circumstance and consequently the plane ended up in storage at my mate's place in a shed and has been there for about a year or more. I do not know any more about it but I would hazard a guess that it just might be for sale for the right kind of money.

fly safe

Walter

Hi Walter, I would like to discuss the 801 with you . Could you contact me on 08 94013384 or at [email protected]. Thanks, Keith Mcewan

• Helpful 1

Australian Aircraft Kits build a 4 place Hornet AG. Very strong plane. Maybe give Ole Hartman a ringon 02 6553 8100.Tailwheel too if you are worried about a nose wheel on the rough strips. I think he is also looking at another plane for PNG.[ATTACH=full]14842[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]14843[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]14844[/ATTACH]

This is an old model but it will give you an idea.

Scotty

Just curious, Scotty, is your you-beaut yellow Hornet a four place aircraft?

• 6 years later...
I have a friend that is a Missionary in the PNG and he tells me the they will most positively not allow any experimental in there air space. It is possible though not likely I a wrong, Please make sure they will let you se it. Pray and and follow God's lead.

I wonder why PNG has such restrictions on home built planes?

Zenith planes are used a fair bit for missionary work in Africa.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Bushpastor,It just so happens that I know of an 801 that is 80-90% finished with a Lycoming 320 .

fly safe

Walter

Hi Walter

Could you send me your contact details to [email protected] I'm looking for an 801 and would like to discuss the one you mentioned maybe for sale.

Thanks