Skyboy SEF 582

Guest babs1aus

Guest babs1aus

Hi Im new to the group and Fly a Interplane Skyboy SEf 582 ALTHOUGH THE F HAS NOW BEN REMOVED(Flapperons) I have now done 150 hrs in the aircraft and love it.

know one other skyboy owner in Australia and I believe there a few more. would love to have a bit of contact with them and hear their impressions.

[ATTACH]862[/ATTACH]

Guest babs1aus

Shes a cruisy 2 seater for the heavier pilots full fuel 66 litres and a typical 582 burn. Cruise 60knts stall 28 powerstall well power mush with alot of rudder input. About 27knts. Landing roll short, takeoff around about 100metres. 45 knot climb 49 knot glide. Minimun pilot weight 80kg max 185kg full fuel, Wing span, well its big you need a wide hanger. Comfort unsurpassed:::: Passenger sometimes sleeps which is not bad as the longest flight I ever do with my wife is an hour.

However an extra degree of pitch has changed the paramaters slightly, I need a few good non thermic days to check the figures. Take off roll has increased by about 30 metres due to slower acceleration. Climb as I said I need a few non thermic days. The speed has increased considerably however it was a unstable day and I believe I was running a great deal of time on under an extremely long bouyant street. ( Got to Love cloud suck) Yes the big deep wing is very good to thermal with.

Guest babs1aus

Finally got to do some figures

5700 rpm 60knots indicated at 2500 feet.

Glide has improved significantly and climb of all things seems slightly better.

This i can only put down to the high lift wing seems to climb well with the increase in prop pitch change and a slightly increased best climb speed.

Sorry not an engineer so I cant explain maybe someone out there knows. Fuel consumption is now 17.5 litres an hour.

It seems the only downside is the increase in ground roll due to slower acceleration.

Static loading max rpm is now 6250 rpm