Hi Everyone

Guest ItSuitsMe

Guest ItSuitsMe

Thanks for your welcome to the site Ian. At this stage I am not a flyer. I am 1948 vintage, but as they say "never too old to learn". Have made some preliminary investigations into learning to fly around here but have to make the final decision as yet.

Am just interested in what other people have to say at this time. Regards, David.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Itsuitsme,

teriffic to hear from you. I suppose that there is only two kinds of people - the one's that go ahead and do things - and the one's who talk about it. For my 5 cents worth I'd rather look back at my life and say "I did all these things" than say " I could or wanted to do all these things " .

Flying in all it's forms is probably one of THE BEST activities for satisfaction , personal growth and most of all for a real buzz. I know a couple of people who started after 60. There is no age limit to start. It is never too late - after all it is the fun and joy we're after and all I can say is go for it. !! you deserve it !! All I know have never looked back. !

Walter

Welcome David,

Never to old mate! I was 48 when I started and will still be flying until I die, (hopefully of natural causes) if you can still drive you can fly. and you will never look back.

I hope you enjoy the site it has a lot to offer the new, the young and the old.

Monty

Thanks for your welcome to the site Ian. At this stage I am not a flyer. I am 1948 vintage, but as they say "never too old to learn". Have made some preliminary investigations into learning to fly around here but have to make the final decision as yet.Am just interested in what other people have to say at this time. Regards, David.

Hi ItSuits Me

Being a young bloke, the worlds your oyster, so go for for it.

Do what I want to do, post it, and make me envious.

Kind Regards

Planey

David - 1948 was a good vintage, but I reckon 1949 was just a tad better!

So as a slightly younger 60 year old I welcome you to the forums. I started flying when I turned 60, and my only regret is I didn't start earlier.

Best way to help make the decision is to take a TIF at your local flying school, pretty cheap and you will get to fly the plane. But a warning - once you try it you'll be hooked!