Android mobile phone

But for now, especially for aviation, iPhone is where it's at...

Couldn't agree with you more, I was tempted to get into developing for the Android to design the NAIPs app.

Are you comparing the Galaxy S to your old iPhone or to an iPhone 4? The 4 pretty much matches the Galaxy S on every spec. iPhone 4 is a whole different beast from the 3GS and a loooong way ahead of the 3G.

Features and interface wise, well, you are comparing apples and oranges. Some people like apples, some oranges... :big_grin:

Don't get me wrong, I think Android is a great development and competition is a good thing. It just has some way to grow; I am sure there will be PC software that does for Android phones what iTunes does for iPhone. And that the number of devices will grow and software developers will be more interested.

I was comparing to the iPhone 4 (mum has one) I was also going to get one but couldn't be arsed with the 10 week wait anymore ;) Walked right into the store and picked up my Galaxy on the spot. The Galaxy has a bigger screen with AMOLED, the ability to expand your storage from 18GB internal + 32GB external (High speed micro-SD), exchange the battery and the screen performs excellent in direct sunlight. The iPhone 4 has the massive app store filled with aviation applications and fun games (although most of the games are available on Android now) and it has a better quality front camera. Bas is right, the phones are too alike for comparison. It won't be long before Android is filled with aviation related apps, I think I should give it a kickstart.

Andrew

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iphone4 it is............done deal, got the shytes with this HTC ........reception a shocker.

16gb model was the chosen one. Almost got the 32gb one, hope i've made the right choice..........Oh well.........let's see

For sale...............one as new HTC desire, only used sundays going to church 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif