New to Forums

Sam

G'day my name is Sam Thomson and im a 17 yo pilot from Port Pirie, South Australia. I fly the Jabiru J160-D and love every second of it.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of any fun airstips to land at in SA, or any upcoming Fly-ins. I recently flew my brother and i to the Cummins airshow and fly-in. It was brilliant and i would love to do more! :)

I have many videos on Youtube if you want to check them out or subscribe, my username is 'samt1337'.

Im also in the process of joining the RAAF as a pilot and am waiting now for flight screening, nearly there! :)

Thanks!

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see another J160 pilot on board! I love your videos & I've subscribed. If you wanna check some of mine out look up 'sseeker21' I've got a few videos on there with different camera views. Be sure to link your youtube videos to our video gallery by going to: Multimedia > Video Library on the top menu bar.

-Andrew

Hey Sam, fantastic to hear from you! :thumb_up:

Welcome along, this place is great, with friendly folk, and we don't bite to hard... so jump in, and join in :big_grin:

I'm 18 myself, so it is great to see another young'n flying around :thumb_up: I'll check out your video's - I have some basic ones at, Thomo91 on youtube also.

Have fun,

Im also in the process of joining the RAAF as a pilot and am waiting now for flight screening, nearly there! :)

Thanks!

G'day Sam and welcome. It's hard not to enjoy yourself and learn a lot on these forums.

Good luck with the RAAF. Most on here are happy to simply be with the RAA.

Sounds like you're going places where I wanted to go.

Kind Regards

Planey

Guest studentbiggles

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Sam to this great site :thumb_up:.....I'm just down the road from you at Yren (Renmark) and we have a Flyin on the 3rd Sunday of the month, come over and meet us all then we can go onto Ylox (Loxton) for BBQ lunch :big_grin:...PM me if you like for fouther details and good luck with all your flying endevours.

Fly Safe Cheers Alley.

G'day my name is Sam Thomson and im a 17 yo pilot from Port Pirie, South Australia. I fly the Jabiru J160-D and love every second of it.I was also wondering if anyone knew of any fun airstips to land at in SA, or any upcoming Fly-ins. I recently flew my brother and i to the Cummins airshow and fly-in. It was brilliant and i would love to do more! :)

I have many videos on Youtube if you want to check them out or subscribe, my username is 'samt1337'.

Thanks!

Welcome Sam, great to see such a young pilot and also in a Jab.. Best of luck with your RAAF screenings.

Would appreciate you letting me know how to mount the camera in the Jab for upcoming flights.

Dave

Welcome Sam, great to see such a young pilot and also in a Jab.. Best of luck with your RAAF screenings. Would appreciate you letting me know how to mount the camera in the Jab for upcoming flights.

Dave

G'day Dave, thankyou very much, im starting to get nervous for them now though haha

I havent actually mounted a camera anywhere other than in my passengers hand lol. Most of my filming is from my passengers. Although i am considering velcroing the camera to the part just behind the pilots head near the headset holsters. Or making a simple bracket using PVC and once again velcro so that it sticks to the plane. You can buy little velcro stickers from cheap as chips.

Hope ive given you some ideas to mount your camera!

Regards

Sam:thumb_up:

Welcome, Sam

As you are discovering, there's a wealth of information exchanged on this site, and the day you stop learning is the day you should give up! Give me a ring if you are planning to fly to any local gatherings - I'll probably be going too. The Port Augusta mob at Stirling North have a Saturday sausage sizzle each week and will make you welcome. That's a good short trip for you.