Hello fellow aviators

Hello fellow aviators,

My name is Douglas Field and I have been associated with Recreational Aviation Australia for the past 4 years. I currently work as a flight instructor building experience in the industry as I aspire to become an airline pilot.

I have joined this community to broaden my associates in the industry and promote a personal project. I am a Griffith Bachelor of Aviation student and part of this degree students are required to conduct a project. For this project I have created a charity called "Wings of Life" which raises funds and awareness for the Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS). My charity is planning on achieving this through hosting numerous events, predominantly associated with aviation. The inaugural event is a charity fly-in and tradeshow held on the 2nd and 3rd of October, 2010 at a private aerodrome in Kilcoy, Queensland. I am currently looking for sponsors and companies interested in promoting their products through purchasing a trade stall at this event or anyone who is willing to provide a helping hand.

This is my first post on this site and I am sure that I will find a more appropriate area to provide more detailed information on this event.

Thankyou Douglas Field

G'day Douglas, and welcome along to this awesome place. :big_grin:

I believe I met you on Saturday morning at Caboolture the other week, you gave Natasha and myself some information on your up-coming fly-in. And you and your dad have a Spitfire. Great work.

I'll certainly be over to support you if I'm around on those dates.

Ask anything you like, and I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Mick,

My father purchased this Spitifre about a week ago from an English fellow at Gympie. It is a Mk. 26 Supermarine Spitifre 80% replica, with a N/A IZUSU V6. I'm new to this site but I have created an album in "my profile" with pictures of the aircraft. I think this should link you to it.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/members/douglasfield-albums-spitfire-mk26.html

Doug

Hi Doug,

Good luck with your project. Lovely Spitfire too :thumb_up: - I have a mate here in Victoria who is currently building his own 75% Spitfire replica. Perhaps you guys would like to exchange details for mutual Spitfire info swapping. Let me know and I can pass the message on to my mate.

Cheers

Neil

G'day Douglas Field

Douglas Mansfield here. Thought I was going to have a twin for the moment. I can't help you with your project but I wish you luck. On another subject though, your fathers Spitfire. Has it been repainted? Is it the same one that visited Murray Bridge S.A. some time back? Photos below. I can't make out the call sign in my photo, but the Duck and Sqdn badge are the same. Maybe they're something to do with the manufacturer? Bet you're itching to fly it, aren't you?

DSCF0007.JPG.89df24e0f2e83ce86e03c2810e366798.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG.af28d9726b697a81bfcf0e9b6310ffa1.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG.5a9b4378796aef19eb21044b5875073b.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG.c75c1b917f0bce4e21d57609cb84a057.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG.cfd07a36f77f9edc8bfa13a86344bf3b.JPG

I'm sure this is the same aircraft. I will have to investigate further, but I believe the orginal owner/builder of the aircraft lived down south. The aircrafts callsign is VH-SFG, which is feautured on the side of the aircraft in your photos. I believe they must of changed these to replicate the orginal aircraft as they are only stickers and not painted on.

Thanks for the photo, I will archive.