Concord

Guest ozzie

Guest Redair
The DC-10's and 737's had plenty of problems. (Cargo door and Rudder).Nev

I know, sorry, I should have made it clear that my tongue was wedged firmly in my cheek when refering to the American aircraft.066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif

Redair.

Copied from my Eagle-Ray thread.

No, didn't bother. A few years ago, I sat through 2 dvd's of Concord's flight from Heathrow to New York and back. It started with an in-depth walk-round and then followed the flight from all three cockpit crew positions. Every switch and lever was explained as were the crews independent responsibilities. This all came about as a friends son was the pilot. Before you ask, no the dvd's aren't on general release. Tell you what though, the crew didn't have much time to relax. Almost as soon as they get to height and Mach 3, it's time to start slowing it down again. Scariest point would be taking off from JFK and doing a smart left hand turn to avoid over flying populated area's.

Added comments.

The subject of up dating to a glass cockpit was discussed and most pilots rejected the idea. They liked the old style steam gauges and systems that worked well.