Lake Eyre trip

wanabigaplane

I went to Lake Eyre last year and this. Looks like next could also be possible for water. This is unfortunate as especially the William Creek Hotel is becomming so used to making money hand over fist that they have forgotten that they are in a SERVICE INDUSTRY and that the long term business health requires some service and manners to go with the prices charged. I know they managed to put of all eight aircraft loads of people in our party this year. I personnally will no stay there again, and will not land if there is any other option.

Under new management I believe

• 3 weeks later...

We returned from our outback trip last week, and enjoyed our stay at William Creek. We stayed 24 hrs and our bill I thought was reasonable. After arriving we got a air-conditioned room where we had a shower and relaxed a little before wandering over to the pub for a quiet drink before the evening meal. We had barely got our drinks before Trevor Wright (Wrightsair) invited us to join him, Talia (his chief pilot) and another of his pilots at the other end of the bar. We could not have been more warmly welcomed. When we landed Trevor drove over to help us fuel up and then drove us down to the pub to book in. When we were leaving, one of the pilots jumped on the mule and drove us back to our plane. Could not ask for more than that.

We will certainly be returning!!

Bob & Robyn Dennis

RAA registered RV9a