Aircraft registrations.

planedriver

Out of interest, I clicked on the aircraft registrations tab, to find that it only covers GA aircraft.

I've sometimes seen a light sport aircraft that was of interest, and wondered if there is an easy to use list, to find out it's type, and who it's registered to, etc; by simply punching in it's rego number?

Its here RA-Aus aircraft register (xhtml w3c 12/09)

There are some interesting statistics and a choice of format (by date, by number). If you are after a particular rego number, try Edit, Find - note that one number can be used more than once in different classes eg 10-0186 and 25-0186. There are no address details - RAA & privacy issues. But some airports still charge landing fees for ultralights. I vaugely remember being told RAA pass them on rather than releasing their register - but I could be terribly wrong.

Sue

rego details.

With the generally restrictive situation that exists regarding privacy, I am surprised that the GA records are SO available. You cannot do it with a motor vehicle so whether you agree with it one way ot the other there should be some consistency. Nev

Guest disperse
Hmmm. & then give all those airport operators out there the ability to send us bills for landing - no thanks

Mmmm. So WHO should pay for maintenance and upkeep ???

To me it is not about landing fees... it is about privacy. Anyone can see an aircraft (or a photo) and quick as you like find out who owns it and where it is located. It just belies belief that CASA would allow this!!!!

Who pays maintenance? Here are some figures from a very profitable airport - Emerald in Qld where they made a profit of $1.15million before they bought in a raft of new charges (parking for cars & planes, rental parking spot fees). They charge for each car parking spot, hangars, kiosks, parking, landing, vending machines, baggage facilities, businesses etc. Charges for this year:-

Every passenger on RPT, communter or charter getting on or off - adults $18.00, half price or less (eg children) $9.00. For example a RPT disembarks 40 pax and departs with 30 + 10 kids = 70 x $18 + 10x$9 = $1,350. Passenger screening, contract +10%

Landing fee per tonne - RPT $11.50, GA $9 (my C152 = $6.75), ultralights $5.75 each. Annual fees GA $239, flying school $415, Ultralights $160. Fees are collected by the Council rather than through AvData. Employees record the call sign and post a bill to the operator. I assume they catch Ultralights as they land.

Aircraft Parking >4hrs $9/day

The same Council closed the Blackwater airstrip to RPTs (it is still open to charter and private ops - it is owned by the mine) as they estimated the charge per passenger would be $120/person - so Qantas Link passengers have to travel to Emerald to catch a flight.

These airstrips attact Govt grants and funding for expansion and services. You can look up your local council's fees on their websites.

Sue