Narromine 2007 (NatFly)

Guest pelorus32

Guest Fred Bear

Ice at Narromine

Ok now that I got the junkies attention, does anyone know if you can purchase ice at Narromine? I mean the type for the esky people.:)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Juliette Lima

Hello Emma,

I gather in Darrin's absence you are his 'communication arm'.

could you please advise him that there has been a last minute hitch in plans for Narromine and Wayne Fisher and myself will not be attending this year. I had offered Darrin a flight which he was looking forward to. The offer is still good....another time, another place.

Sincere apologies

JL

My

There is a Safeway Supermarket in town, with bottle shop.

But beware most shops etc are closed all day on Good Friday...

So get some stocks of snacks/drinks in!!

I am sure that most service stations sell ice.

I guess that the pub does too.

Hope this helps.

Guest Fred Bear
could you please advise him that there has been a last minute hitch in plans for Narromine and Wayne Fisher and myself will not be attending this year. I had offered Darrin a flight which he was looking forward to. The offer is still good....another time, another place.

Not a problem at all JL. A real shame you can't make it. I hope that it is nothing serious and I do thank yourself and Wayne for the offer and I will take you up on it sometime!!

Avid, thanks for the info. I will be taking a '30 can block' from Sydney so that will not be a drama.I might fill the esky with ice from the Mobil opposite Bathurst Airport early the Friday morning.Just to be safe.

Well it was a bumpy trip up - cruising at whatever altitude. Caught the back end of those thunderstorms and in fact at one point a big warning went out that Dubbo was under siege by lightening etc.

Not much happening up here today, except for me getting two flat tyres by those darn spikey things because I was courteous enough to pull off the runway to let someone else land instead of backtracking.

About 30 aircraft so far and they have moved our stand over to the back corner 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Anyway, I am typing in the dark in the tent as everyone seems to have gone to bed and all I have is the light from the lap top screen so I will catch most of you when you come in

OK, clear to go. We're off for YNRM at 0715. See you all there. Have a safe journey and remember, the destination is only the reason for going, the trip should be fun.

Paul

PS And I am not pulling off the sealed runway for anyone ... unless he's bigger and meaner :).

Guest Fred Bear

Hey Ian,

Glad you got there safe atleast mate. Good stuff! Pity about the tyres. Shame about the tent too but it's the members in it that will count.Have a safe trip Paul.:)

Guest bateo

I'll be cruising over today for the Instructors forum with another Jab.. (one with a Metallic pink/purple paint job, looks very unique!) Will drop in throughout the day Ian.. I won't be pulling off the runway either.. I have already had my fair share of flat tyres.

Hi All

It seems I have scored some space for a few tents at the Rec Flying site which is in amongst the trade area, so if anyone wants to pitch their tent on the site then just come over - the more the merrier

Guest Fred Bear

Ian,

Can you save me a spot for tomorrow or is it too late? I have a nice esky that's coming along too...

Darren - I've got a nice spot for the esky - but I don't know about you though 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Offcourse Darren - spot reserved for you

Got room for say about 6 to 8 tents - party time;)

Guest Fred Bear

Excellent Ian. Just bought some cans and the rest of the camping gear I needed (including baked beans) so you have all been warned ;):yuk:

Guest Emma Masters

Party time and im miss out eh Ian:sad: ohh well there will be no other chicks there any how...so nevermind ;)

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Ian,

Spoke to someone who knows from experience about those "spikey things and two flat tyres"... he advised as follows....

Re-inflating with the tube goo creates dreadful vibration (as confirmed in previous discusion on this site)

Replacing with new tubes will maybe suffice only temporarily as the "spikey things' will break off at the tyre, and remain inserted in the tyre.... problem is that they continue to drive inwards and continue to puncture tubes. They can't be pulled back out through the tyre as they are barbed.

Sometimes, only sometimes,they can be pulled through the tyres from the inside....otherwise, the best option is to get new tyres.

Hope this helps

JL

Guest bateo

Just returned from Narromine this morning, Flew over yesterday for the instructors forum which was very informative.. Didnt get much time to go and browse the rec flying tent but looked very very crowded around the coffee table!! Hopefully I'll be back on Saturday to see whats going on, It took nearly 15 minutes to enter and backtrack 11 with all the traffic arriving this morning!! With a huge amount flocking yesterday... Wow, its definately getting bigger every year!

Well. I got back from Narromine last night. What an awesome event!

I have much to tell and a million photos to share, but for now - here's a teaser showing Ian winding down after hard day with some of The Oaks crowd. Notice Ian's dad is still beavering away in the background.

[ATTACH]1732[/ATTACH]

But wait. He can't rest yet. Sunset and he's still showing people over the CT.

[ATTACH]1733[/ATTACH]

I have lots of high res photos in raw to process. I'll post some when I get them sorted. These are from the standard quality jpgs the new camera saves with every raw image.

Ross

endofahardday.jpg.01b2717879e0dab0772f58d38d556ffd.jpg

ctsunset.jpg.65de2be71c446c2a690311a6b0fe4132.jpg

It was finally nice to meet a few people over the weekend! Great to finally meet you Ian, and give thanks to your father, he was most helpful in my purchase of the One Six Right and left DVD! not to mention meeting Teenie 2! who i discovered learned to fly with the same Instructor i did many moons ago! its a small world in aviation circles!

Unfortunatly due to other commitments i couldnt hang around too long and enjy the famous coffee! (we departed around mid day saturday) oh, well, there Will be many more opportunities in the future im sure.

Once i get my new prop, i will have to come on down to my old hang out, The Oaks and put more faces to screen names!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did.... pics to come soon..

and another thing, Arthur! how fast, or should i say Slow were you when flying above the campground on Friday evening? you were directly above me for what seamed like half an hr without moving!! would have been a great view from up there!!

even with the winds, how was the flying at narromine?? didnt seam too bumpy considering the conditions..

Rob.

Guest Fred Bear

What can I say? An absolutely brilliant event with brilliant aircraft and most importantly, friends. :) It was so good to put a face to the names. Looking forward to seeing you all again with some of the future meet-ups that are planned. Wow, so much filled into one weekend. Report and pics coming. Ian, thanks for your amazing effort too. More later.Time to recover some.

Guest brentc

I got back this arvo from Narromine. A very good weekend. I dropped in to the RF tent but everyone was busy and I had planned to come back later however I had a few things that had to get sorted out. I spotted Darren, Ed and David C. Darren, didn't realise it was you till I just saw the photo, passed you in the club room on your way in. Had to get my radio looked at and that took up much of the time I had to visit the tent. Oh well next time perhaps.

We (passenger and I) departed at around 30. Direct to Yarrawonga. Flight time 2:20. Cruised at around 5,500ft changing altitude with around 5 knots tailwind. Stopped for a quick drink and stretch. Took off for Tooradin with a flight time of 1:10, 7,500ft direct with a TAS of 120 knots. All up 3.5 hours so can't complain about that.

Trip up on Saturday was at 2,800rpm burning 20.1 litres per hour via Temora at 9,500ft so great fuel burn considering we re-climbed to 7,500ft after Temora.

Will post some pics later.

Hi All,

I too had a great day at Narromine on Friday. Unfortunately we only had a day but what a great experience. It was good to meet (and put a face to) some of the people on the forum. And so many aircraft - fabulous!

Guest David C

What a brill Weekend ;)... Great company , loads of aircraft and many memories to live with us for a very long time ..Thanks Ian for a fantastic effort , and also please pass on our regards to your hard working and supportive Dad , Jack ..;) .. Ross .. What can I say about that photo of the three Oaks reprobates , Fred ( I could make one in 3 days ) , Darren and myself , the other "trios Amigos " 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.. I will post pictures tonight on my return from work , ah well back to the real world now !!049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif... Once again , many thanks to all who made the weekend so great , and particularly you , Ian 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif..

Dave