Video: Gyroplane 'Dead Stick' Engine Idle, Zero Roll Landing

Guest rocksfly

Though a good landing!... Neither a dead stick nor a zero roll landing!

To me it appears the guy has applied power just prior to touch down and the machine has continued to roll after touch down.

Frank.

Guest rocksfly

Though a good landing!... Neither a dead stick nor a zero roll landing!

To me it appears the guy has applied power just prior to touch down and the machine has continued to roll after touch down.

Frank.

.............................................................................................................................................

Turn up the volume and open your eyes Frank. Power was cut and only re-applied after the zero roll landing, to taxi to the hangar.

Take another look.

Have a nice day!

Though a good landing!... Neither a dead stick nor a zero roll landing!To me it appears the guy has applied power just prior to touch down and the machine has continued to roll after touch down.

Frank.

.............................................................................................................................................

Turn up the volume and open your eyes Frank. Power was cut and only re-applied after the zero roll landing, to taxi to the hangar.

Take another look.

Have a nice day!

G`Day Mitch!...Eyes wide open, mate!... I did say it Appears to me!...Apparently, things aint always what they appear to be!

Cheers and you have a nice day also!

Frank.

Guest rocksfly

G'Day Frank,

After mowing the lawns and wippersnippering an acre block, I ran thru the vid several times.

It appears you could be right!087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

There is a small amount of noise prior to landing as I turn into the wind for final.

Either a little feathering of the throttle (although I was sure I had not) or pre-rotator.

When I developed the vid I took that little rush of noise to be my pre-rotator system.

What I thought we are hearing is the multitude of pulleys and V Belt gizmos connected to my pre-rotator system. They have play in them and sometimes depending on relative wind make a hellishum noise.

You'll have to give me the zero roll though.001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

In any case the next time I put up a dead stick vid, I'll be sure that it is exactly that. Thanks for watching with eye wide open Frank.

Cheers Frank,

Fly Safe,

Mitch