G'day all

Kev Gardner

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I live in Adelaide and looking at getting into LSA flying. I have a PPL but have not flown for a few years now. I am also a Flight Engineer and have been employed in that job for the last 23 years, both with the Air Force and also had 11 years in the airlines. I've been around aeroplanes since I was a young kid and will never get them out of my blood. Well, that's me in a nutshell, thanks.... Kev

Thanks to all, top to bottom....no have not yet had a flight in an LSA. I have two guys at work who do though, one at Murray Bridge and the other at Gawler. Both fly Jabirus and seem to like them. Cheers Dazza, thanks Tomo, if you need any info I'd be only too happy to help. Alan, I'm split between Plympton and Tanunda. Methinks Gawler would be the place to fly from. Thanks Doug, concur..the more South Aussies the better! Hi Wayne, was a thick on 32 Airframes. Went through Wagga in 78/79 then East Sale until I remustered in 88. I did 9 years on the P-3 then left for Japan Airlines in 97 on the 747. Rejoined the RAAF in 08, back on the P-3 again. I didn't know Jim Gardner, but have heard of him. Again, thanks all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kev, I live in Angaston, ran a B&B for 9 years there and still live on the property. Have an HR business in Gawler Place, Adelaide and stay at Glenelg mid-week. I fly at YMBD, and have used Gawler as a way point/touch & go for my students' navex. Sounds like YGAW would be the right place to start for you, Murray Bridge is about an hour from Adelaide with different aircraft choices, and school choices too. Probably best to try before you buy, and that includes the whole deal, school, a/c, people etc. Good luck with progress, and no doubt will see you around the hangars some time!

Cheers,

G'Day Kev, crikey we're getting a lot of knowledgeable guys here lately...sadly we lost a site member, "Decca", who was an ex airlines flight engineer about 18mths ago and he was a big contributor here helping out many of the site members...welcome and enjoy the site!