Assistance at Temora..............?

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Windsor 68 and myself are planning to fly to Temora from Townsville in the Lightwing, arriving sometime on Thursday if the weather gods are friendly to us. We plan to park and camp in the aircraft camping area.

We've been looking at what we can take, and what we can't take in the plane. Unfortunatly 2 x folding chairs just didn't make the cut. If anyone who lives in the area could loan us a couple of cheap folding chairs for a couple of days, it would be greatly appreciated. I particularly like to sit under my wing and socialize at the end of the day as we all do!......the dirt don't cut it, and the tire gets hard on the arxx after a while !!...

Additionally I'll be presenting a chat on 2-stroke engines in Hangar B at 11am Saturday. If anyone would have a 2-stroke powered aircraft (Thruster,Xair, Drifter etc) or even a complete 503 or 582 engine that I could use as a back drop for my chat, it would also be appreciated. It is not a hands-on tech thing, so nothing would be disturbed on the engine or aircraft in question. At the most I might use it as a prop to indicate correct pre-flight proceedure. Would only need the aircraft for an hour at most. Other items that would be usefull for my chat, that I just can't carry down in the plane are as follows. If anyone could also help out with any of these it would be greatly appreciated also.

1 x Rotax 2-stroke carb

1 x small bottle of Castrol 2TT 2-stroke oil (full or empty)

1 x container of Castrol Anti-freeze/anti-boil coolant (full or empty)

(all items returned of course at end of forum)

Thanks in advance....see you at Temora.....................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

G'day Maj,

I own a WB 582 Drifter and it lives at Cootamundra. Weather permitting it will be at Temora for Natfly. I also live in Stockinbingal and this year I will be getting ground support from the Air group Commander (wife) so adding a couple of extra chairs will not be an issue.

Please send me a private message and I will give you contact numbers. Only too happy to help.

Guest Maj Millard

Thank you blue drifter, that would be great. It might sound like a winge but having a couple of chairs to sit in under the wing can be a big thing at a fly-in, and we just can't justify carrying them this time...Much appreciated, I will PM you with contact details.................Cheers.....Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

G'day Maj,

It will be great to see you at NATFLY.

I'll have a couple of extra chairs on board so between myself & Blue Drifter you should be sweet.

Anything else I can bring up for you let me know - you should still have my number else PM me.

I'll be arriving Thursday - leaving Sunday

Cheers

H

Windsor 68 and myself are planning to fly to Temora from Townsville in the Lightwing, arriving sometime on Thursday if the weather gods are friendly to us. We plan to park and camp in the aircraft camping area............

1 x Rotax 2-stroke carb

1 x small bottle of Castrol 2TT 2-stroke oil (full or empty)

1 x container of Castrol Anti-freeze/anti-boil coolant (full or empty)

(all items returned of course at end of forum)

Thanks in advance....see you at Temora.....................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hi Maj,

My co-owner Matt and I hope to be going in the Gazelle, and like you, have little room for camping gear etc, so Mr H has kindly agreed to take some gear for us as he did last year. I am pretty sure I have a container of Castrol Anti-freeze/Anti-boil coolant (full) in the hangar (will double check tomorrow), so can add to the load that Howard is taking for us if he is OK with that 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif (glad he has a big car!)

Cheers

Neil

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks Neil, It'll be good to see you and Mr H also, maybe we'll get a chance to take that long-promised ride in the Lightwing if we can at Temora. And by the way Mr H, daughter has started uni doing a 'media arts' course, so I think you may have started something with that tour that you gave us that time................................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thanks Neil, It'll be good to see you and Mr H also, maybe we'll get a chance to take that long-promised ride in the Lightwing if we can at Temora. And by the way Mr H, daughter has started uni doing a 'media arts' course, so I think you may have started something with that tour that you gave us that time................................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

That's good to hear Maj, hope it leads her to a long & fruitful future.

I have plenty of room to bring the extra stuff that Neil has offered, so sounds like a plan 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Cheers

H

• Like 2

Hi guys, What are our RAA legal requirements at Natfly? As I understand it CASA do regular checks on GA aircraft arriving there. GA have to have licence, medical, aircraft log, maintenance log, PAX and freight manifest paperwork available for inspection. Do we as RAA still come under this check? if not, is there a check done by RAA and if so, what do we need to supply for a check?

Hi guys, What are our RAA legal requirements at Natfly? As I understand it CASA do regular checks on GA aircraft arriving there. GA have to have licence, medical, aircraft log, maintenance log, PAX and freight manifest paperwork available for inspection. Do we as RAA still come under this check? if not, is there a check done by RAA and if so, what do we need to supply for a check?

Mainenance Books are not to be carried in the aircraft - perhaps you are refering "maintenance releace". [in the event of a crash there would be no official record of maintenance performed]

PAX and freight manifest - RPT?