Redcliffe to Clermont

Tomo

If the weather behaves itself this weekend I'm flying my friends new J430 up to his property north of Clermont. Anyways... I reckon I'll head something like - Redcliffe, Dayboro, Kingaroy, Theodore, Emerald, Clermont, his place. Going from DBO to YKRY because I like that country through there a bit better... then up from there. Probably refuel at Emerald...

Sound like a reasonable track? 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo, The Theordore strip is right out of town and you would have to check on avgas availability there, big long black strip though. Also consider the Moura strip further North, don't know about fuel. Dingo roadhouse would be a nice stop, strips long enough but grass, and may be soft after recent rains, easy mogas from 24 hr roadhouse and resturant right by the strip. Emeralds good with fuel . Instructor there is John Gordon on 0418458095, give him a call. Clermont is just up the road from there. I'll probabily see John myself next Tuesday as Windsor and I plan to refuel at Emerald then onto Charleville.....................................Cheers....Ross

Tomo

Ultimately it is your choise but with a J430 if the weather is kind why would not consider going direct? With over 5 hrs endurance and 120kts plus TAS you could go direct and still watch the points pass as you go.

Should be a nice flight but I just wondered why you chose the plan. Between Kingaroy and Emerald there is a lot of strips [private] not on the map but suitable for an emergency landing should something go wrong.

Just an observation but by all means do what you feel comfortable with as flying is about enjoying the flight and not doing what someone else might do.

FrankM

Ultimately it is your choise but with a J430 if the weather is kind why would not consider going direct? With over 5 hrs endurance and 120kts plus TAS you could go direct and still watch the points pass as you go.

G'day Frank, Yes I will be going direct as such... don't even need to stop at Emerald to get fuel as I'd make the property easily, but just easier to fuel there. If you draw a line from Kingaroy to Emerald you pretty much overfly Theodore as it is, which is what we'll be doing, I just put that down as a 'fixture' so to speak.

Thanks also Maj, but I highly doubt I'll need to land anywhere there... other than Emerald for some go go juice!