Temora 2-stroke forum handout................................

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Someone recently asked if I could supply the 2-stroke forum download...well here it is 254kb on Word format. Feel free if you wish to use it for club or instructional use.........If you can't download and still need one PM me with a postal address and I'll send one out............Cheers Maj...

NATFLY HANDOUT.doc

NATFLY HANDOUT.doc

NATFLY HANDOUT.doc

Someone recently asked if I could supply the 2-stroke forum download...well here it is 254kb on Word format. Feel free if you wish to use it for club or instructional use.........If you can't download and still need one PM me with a postal address and I'll send one out............Cheers Maj...

That were me... much appreciated Maj!!026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I have a question RE EGT...

On a Drifter SB... my EGT's run at the right temps but the PTO always runs hotter by about 50f... this is above the req difference in the Rotax manual (40).

Personally I do not trust the probes for accuracy BUT is it to be expected the PTO will run hotter because it is downstream of airflow? Should I try and match them by a slightly richer burn in on the MAG carbie (not PTO end)? (or vice versa)

I had that problem in my lightwing what I did was lift the throttle needle up one groove on both carbs and adjusted the mixture screw s and balanced the carbs no more problem !

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

EGT probes do lead a tough life and fail often. Their accuracy can also vary quite a bit. Also a slight crankcase seal leak at one end or the other can affect egt on that cylinder. Compare plug color on the center ceramic post, they should be the same on both cylinders. Each carb does not feed each individual cylinder separatly, they both pull mixture from the common crankcase, so adjusting one carb or the other may not guarantee any change in that cylinder closest to the carb............................................................................Maj...

EGT probes do lead a tough life and fail often. Their accuracy can also vary quite a bit. Also a slight crankcase seal leak at one end or the other can affect egt on that cylinder. Compare plug color on the center ceramic post, they should be the same on both cylinders. Each carb does not feed each individual cylinder separatly, they both pull mixture from the common crankcase, so adjusting one carb or the other may not guarantee any change in that cylinder closest to the carb............................................................................Maj...

This is an all brand new set up, I notice the EGT that reads low also takes a lot longer to come up to temp... might try a new probe.

I also understand that (now) that the air mixture screw has more to do with idle settings?

Guest Maj Millard

The air mixture screw is more of a setting than an adjustment. Rotax has pretty much eliminated adjustments from their carbs to make them 'idiot proof'. It allows fuel into the carb at idle and for choke operation when the jet-needle is fully down IE: slide closed. Set the air mixture screw per Rotax recommendations, leave it alone and go fly. Monitor your plug color on the center ceramic post and adjust via the needle clip (raise or lower jet-needle and you'll be right.

Idle speed is set by raising or lowering the slides via the large hex slide stopnut at the side or the brass nurled adjustments at the top.............................................................Maj...