wow what a sight !! lookout when you think its safe

I went up to the farm on Friday night with intentions to go to the saturday part of Childers wings and wheels....we had a great saturday quite a few aircraft..heaps of savannahs and jabs and a beautiful Maule and quite a few others. I had a fly as my instructor came up as well so we flew out to my farm and landed on my strip for the first time ...I can't believe how different my place looks from the air...I was astounded. But the reason for this three is coming home this morning if anyone was flying around Maryborough and north at around 2500ft or 3000 was a airforce Boeing C17 doing probably 250 knots as I am sure thats the speed max for under 10,000 ft...he was following the Bruce Highway on the western side....my mrs saw it first I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it...this is a pretty rare event I would think to have a big jet like this flying straight and level at this altitude

So be careful when flying in our segment of the sky you might be confronted with a C17 in your windscreen

Mark

Indeed, they are a neat sight! If you are in the air and monitoring area freq, you will hear what they are up to. I was out west one day and a c17 was in the area, I was first notified over area frequency of their intentions, and could call them on a certain freq if I required more separation knowledge.

Went to a party in the US last year with a bunch of USAF pilots, one of them was yarning about doing 300+ knots terrain following at 300 feet and noticing a couple of base jumper whizz by the wing.... 047_freaked.gif.8ed0ad517b0740d5ec95a319c864c7e3.gif