Transit of venus

kgwilson

And just incase you missed the it the other day also...

Here's s photo from my brothers telescope - photo taken by Brady Scott, telescope designed and made by Jonah Scott

• Like 1

Nice shot Tomo. I had to get up at 4.30 and drive for 3 hours to make sure I could see it. Got some good shots through my scope aswel.

Quite an awesome thing to see. ill be 140 years old the next time it happens, pretty sure ill need corrective eye wear by then...:)

Nice shot Tomo. I had to get up at 4.30 and drive for 3 hours to make sure I could see it. Got some good shots through my scope aswel.Quite an awesome thing to see. ill be 140 years old the next time it happens, pretty sure ill need corrective eye wear by then...:)

Thanks Andy, I'll pass on the compliment. We were pretty fortunate to just have to walk out the front door and see it all!

What sort of scope did your bro make tomo?

Hmm I think it's 6 inch mirror this one, he's in the planning stages for an 8 inch mirror.

Here's a photo of it, made it all himself, no plans. Not bad for a 15yr old!

• Like 1

Wow.. Not bad is an understatement.. Incredible is more like it.. Beautiful job.. Quite a bit of knowledge goes into making a Newtonian reflector like that. Let alone the handskills to make it work.. Good job!!!!!

As venus is about the same size as the earth, it gives you an idea of how big the sun is and it's fully nuclear powered. Nev

If that was in Japan, they would have shut her down by now. exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif Just as well the sun is out of reach.

And just incase you missed the it the other day also...Here's s photo from my brothers telescope - photo taken by Brady Scott, telescope designed and made by Jonah Scott

Did he grind and polish the mirror himself? Like the collapsable tube design. Did all that when I was a kid longer than a long time ago.