Alice Springs

Tomo

Hey there!

We're finally heading off for a bit of a holiday as a family at the end of this week, packing up the trailer and camping gear and heading bush! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif One of the destinations will be Alice Springs, so I thought it'd be interesting to hire a plane and do a bit of flying around the area whilst I'm there.

http://www.alicespringsaeroclub.com.au/ This mob seem good, and I will call them tomorrow and find out what they say. But in the mean time I thought I'd just put it out there and see if anyone is from the area, and places to look at etc etc... apart from the usual of course.

Thanks 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Turbo didn't realise you wanted a one-way trip, most people he advises, also want to come back like Charlie Drake. (But you're probably far too young to remember him)

Have a lovely trip anyway Tomo

Kind regards

Planey

Call into the Todd Tavern and say g'day to my mate Lurch, you may even get a job pension days.

Bond springs strip worth a visit. CFI makes great coffee.

Enjoy the trip

Phil

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo, Ran into Chris Brandon and his family recently at Natfly. He is a Trike instructor from Alice Springs, and he had a very high-tech looking trike there on show. Chris is quite a character, and I'm sure he'd make you welcome there. His Ph is 0438 307844, and from his card he operates from Bond Springs Airfield, and Aileron Station. Other contacts are:...www.aircreation.com.au ...Email:[email protected].................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I'll be in Alice early in August Tomo. Will you be there around 1st -2nd August?

Hey Pud, would have been cool to catch up, but I have to be home by August as I have a gig I'm working on for then!

Thanks for the contacts Maj, will give him a yell and see what he says! Was talking to the lady at the aero club yesterday and sounds like a great spot, and very helpful in everything. And they have a fair range of various aircraft. Even a RAA rego'd CT!

Guest Maj Millard

Yes do touch base with Chris if you get the chance Tomo...great people, and I'm sure he'd be happy to show you around...................................................................................Ross