maybe touch and go rather than just landed

Guest bluespot

Guest bluespot

Hello to all.

I just did conversion to RAA having moved from England and PPL. I bought a 3rd hand Savannah with just 150 hrs on it from my boss at work as he mentioned he had one lying around unused -- as you do!

Only on here a few days and wondering why we poms are called whingers as most of what I read here is whinging and very little winging. The weather here seems conducive to flying but most of it seems to be off the handle at your own elected representatives. Some of the forum posts remind me of the town folk church meeting in "Blazing Saddles" where each in turn stand up and say the previous speaker is right -- in saying that the previous speaker is right.

Now is a time of great decision Are we to stay or up and quit? There's no avoiding this conclusion Our town is turning into s#*t.

100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif

tell me there is more to all this.

Justin

Where do you fly from Justin?

There is a new savannah just turned up at Kilcoy I saw it on sunday when I was out there. I know the look isn't good at the moment but this has been festering for a long time but now action is finally taking place but the process to do so is tedious and painful. There are a lot of people now finally working together behind the scenes and I am sure RAAUS will be much better for it but like most change it is painfull to get through.

Mark

Welcome Justin,

I know that from a outsider looking in. Or in your case, a person that is new to RAA. That these threads would come across as a lot whinging . It is very involved and a lot is a stake with what has been happening inside RAA as well as some serious cluster ****** ups.

Peoples lively hoods have been and are still under financial hardship.While others have a lot of money invested in a aircraft that they simply cannot fly at the moment due to registration renewals not being processed. I'm sure that they don't see the current RAA problems mentioned and brought out into the open on this site as a bunch of guys whinging.

Just sayin

He might be OK . There are probably a couple of good ones. My wife used to work in a doctors surgery. A female locum turned up from pommieland. Two days, and she was telling everyone what was wrong with our medical system. WOW! How could we have done without her up till then.

Hi Blaupunkt. welcom.... You will be OK. As to whether we should be flying. That is the issue. Some of us can't at the moment. 40,000 years and the boomerangs flew free. and now this. Nev

Justin

There is more to all this.........

Seriously there is a ton of info available here, all you have to do is search the things that interest you (I recommend trikes they are very interesting), if that is not politics then nobody is twisting your arm to click on the posts relevant to that subject.

I think you should be thankful some people are that way inclined or the new Savvy might sit in the back of a hangar gathering dust a while longer.

To come on here and, in your first post, bag the people that are working hard to keep the privileges of those that don't want to know or can't devote the time to keeping your organisation afloat ,is probably not a good look.......

Regards Bill

• Like 1