Flying bomb!

Guest Maj Millard

Assuming he got off the ground, he could then get pretty high !!!..............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif And then afford an upgrade on the trike !

ROC after she blows would be far in excess of anything aerodynamically possible by an aircraft of that type...

I'm figuring the AoA would have a slightly different meaning with this plane.

Guest Andys@coffs

Anyone recognize the engine, its not a 582 and doesn't look like a 503 (wrong shroud?) is it a Hirth of some sort?...... it would need to be 65Hp or better I think...a 503 2 up with a slower wing (which this one looks to be) might just about cope....would be slow though...not that that's a bad thing at night with no reference........

Guest Maj Millard

The engine looks to me like an early Kawasaki 440 or Fuji Robin. The gearbox looks to me like an early Rotax B box.....these people are not too worried about the machine, it only has to do one good trip then they upgrade to a better machine with a fraction of the profits.....Could also be early Hirth gear............Maj...

Guest Maj Millard

Been thinking through a few possible scenarios here. .........

1. Night flight , pilot got lost, ran low on fuel , landed hoping to take off again at first light, busted nose wheel, absconded.

2. Night flight, ran out of fuel, emergency landing, busted nose wheel,, absconded

3. Night flight , landed at correct rendezvous point, vehicle pick up failed, absconded.

4. Night flight, unexpected engine failure due overheatin, due massivly overloaded aircraft, emergency landing, absconded.

5. Night flight, landed at incorrect rendezvous point, no planned pick up, absconded.

Either way, who's to know he didn't walk away with a backpack or duffle bag full of coke, so still has plenty of easy cash to buy a better trike for the next run !............

There was a time when it was very common for abandoned flying machines of all types up to DC-3 size to be found abandoned in the Florida Everglades, with car tracks leading to and from.

One on occasion a DC 3 was found parked mysteriously on the ramp at Oakland Airport in California. It was painted in a quick flat-black paint job. Sat there for about a week with everyone wondering who's it was. Finally the Feds arrived and put there stickers all over it....abandoned drug plane !...if it was all coke somebody cleaned up big time ...........Maj...