Hi from Ontario, Canada

Highlander00

Welcome, Justin. Tell us about flying in your part of the world, where it looks like you need to be pretty tough. Canadians have made their mark on aviation. We just sweltered thru a 40 degree (and that's C, not F) Xmas with fake snow sprayed in shop windows.

Hi Justin. . . .the 701,. . that's the high wing all metal + rivets jobbie which looks a bit like the Savannah isn't it ?? I could be wrong here as there are so many types on the market now. . . anyway I hope the build goes well, and it'll be good to hear when you've finished the project and wrenched it off the ground for the first time !

Keep in touch. . .

Phil

Hi Justin. . . .the 701,. . that's the high wing all metal + rivets jobbie which looks a bit like the Savannah isn't it ?? I could be wrong here as there are so many types on the market now. . . anyway I hope the build goes well, and it'll be good to hear when you've finished the project and wrenched it off the ground for the first time !Keep in touch. . .

Phil

Phil, first time ever but you got it wrong. The Savannah is the hi-wing metal jobbie that LOOKS LIKE A ZENITH 701! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif cheers.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Riley . . . .!

Don't be daft. . . . I've gotten it wrong almost TWICE before . . . .

I've only seen / flown the Z 601. . . . . I gather that the owner of one of our two home based Savannahs was taking the pee when he regaled me with the boring Zenair / Savannah development history. . . . so to speak . . . . I won't name and shame him internationally as he doesn't use forums anyway. . .! ( Do you Simon . . .)

Happy new year by the way,. . . .What's it like in 2014 ????? I've still got 3 hours and forty one minutes before I find out. . . . .

Phil

Greetings & welcome Justin. I just know that with you residing in Ontario, that 701 will be fitted with a set of amphib floats when you get it airborne. I grew up in Northern Ont (Sudbury district) and didn't see an aircraft with wheels until I left for the Air Force after high school. What part of Ontario are you based in? Best wishes to you with your aviation aspirations. cheers Riley

i just bought a Zenith 701 in a partial completed state so will be heading over to that forums to learn more.thanks Justin

Hello Justin, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif.

I`ve got quite a few hrs in the CH701 as there was one based here on my property for 10 years. I called it a lazy mans aircraft ( no shot intended at you ) as I found so easy to fly.

Cheers and all the best with your 701.

Frank.