Glad to be here ;)

Guest 25-0037

Guest 25-0037

G'day Doug, the Lightwing taildragger will always be my favourite as she taught me to fly (25-0037). Your Lightwing looks fantastic! Cheers, Bill

Welcome Bill, is that John Herds Lightwing in your avatar when he used fly out of Tyagarah ? I am out in the bush at the moment at work (FIFO) so I cannot check my log book to see the rego number of the one I flew with John back in 1987 or 1988 when I did a TIF with him. Looks like the same paint job as his old one.

Guest 25-0037

G'day Dazza, i'm not sure of the history on this aeroplane during '87 & '88 as my TIF was on the 25th of June 1989. I then learnt to fly in 25-0037 until AUF licensed at Booyan airstrip (a bit north of Bundaberg) with Instructor Neil Rutherford. I'd be interested to learn more about it's history and if it is the one you think it might be when you get to have a squizz at your logbook. Cheers, Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 25-0037

G'day Dazza and thanks heaps for checking your logbook, WOW!!! we have flown the same Lightwing. I have been wanting to scan some pics into computer of 25-0037 so i'll find them, get the job done and then post them up here for you to see. BIG Cheers, Bill