Hello to All

Griz882

My name is Patrick. After a 18 year break from flying I am returning to the world of aviation. I used to fly SH-2 Seasprites in the US Navy but I am now looking for some simple recreational type flying. I will poke around the board and learn about different aircraft. I look forward to what I can learn here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi Patrick, WELCOME to the forum. I hope you'll keep us posted with what aircraft types you're looking at. . . . . it's going to be interesting for you with all the choices of private aircraft available in the States though,. . . . I guess you'll be spoiled for choice ! ! ! Lots of helpful characters here.

Let us know how you're getting on.

And WELCOME Esmeralda too !.

I wouldn't be too concerned about not flying yourself at the moment. . . . Most of my friends are "NORMAL" folks too ! ! ! ! !

• 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all who offered a warm welcome.

My search is on!

After getting my tail-dragger endorsement I found a nearby fellow looking to sell his Fly Baby. After about five minutes of ground instruction like "Don't hit those trees over there." I was off. It is a fun, fun bird to fly. Handles very much like a cub and super easy to fly - not a bad habit in her design and build. I am interested, but I am kind of stuck on finding a Super Drifter. I like the idea of taking someone along and would love to get one with floats. To be honest I don't know enough about ships similar to the Drifter to evaluate. The search continues.