Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Some nice pics of early air "Whoopsies" recently unearthed. . .

Rather like this one,. . the caption shoud have read :

"I say chaps,. . . . these Bally telephone lines will have to be placed underground as we get more and more aircraft what. . . .?

1161269059_Oops1.jpg.e3c2cf77d1296f175b40633602b79157.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3513666/World-War-One-photographs-not-magnificent-flying-machines-trainee-RAF-pilots-came-cropper.html

>

I was doing a bit of tidying up the other day, and came across this:[ATTACH=full]42372[/ATTACH]

Nice one Peter,. . . dunno what the heck happened to mine, attained at Berwick Vic. in the 70s also. . . .I'll post that up if I can find it ! ! Nice bits of memory eh ? I often wonder what I might have done with all the money I've spent on aviationalism. . . . . . probably birds, cars, motorbikes and ( more ) fags, foreign vacations, extensions to houses,. . .bigger houses and floaty thingummies I wouldn't wonder. . . .

Mine still sits in with all my flying gear. The new part 61 licence is just about the same without the nice green cover. If it was 5% smaller it could be tucked inside.

As far as the money goes, my first flights cost me $11 per hour in a Cherokee 140 and I didn't have to pay for the ferry flight from Mackay to Collinsville and back. That didn't last long before I had to go to Mackay.

Mine still sits in with all my flying gear. The new part 61 licence is just about the same without the nice green cover. If it was 5% smaller it could be tucked inside.As far as the money goes, my first flights cost me $11 per hour in a Cherokee 140 and I didn't have to pay for the ferry flight from Mackay to Collinsville and back. That didn't last long before I had to go to Mackay.

My green licence is still in the pocket in the back of my log book. Yes, it was $11.50 an hour for a Victa 100 and $14 an hour for a Victa 115 when I started. I don't remember the rate for a Cherokee but I flew three people on a shared cost basis to Darwin, Mt Isa and back for about $110 each.

My recollection of 1959 PPL training in a Taylorcraft 12BC and Aeronca Champ 7AC was Cdn $12/hr dual and $10/hr solo (and even at that - we considered it bloody expensive!)

Talking about old dogs,. . . .here's a comment from some old Aussie lass, at her feminist sarcastic best. . . .

(Since I am currently suffering from Man Flu. . . this comment really hurts. . . . . )

Turkeys.jpg.953102129aa76fc530dbeed86c57870d.jpg

that London bus looks a lot older than the 70s.

I used to go to school on similar to that in the 50s.

Having enlarged the image I can see it is a Regent type AEC.

I'm sure we had a thread about what wildlife can you see in your garden ?Well,. . .for you ornithologists, this one is all about a variety of Tits. . . .

[ATTACH=full]42501[/ATTACH]

Phil, did you mean Tit or Twit?

that London bus looks a lot older than the 70s.I used to go to school on similar to that in the 50s.Having enlarged the image I can see it is a Regent type AEC.

Phew ! , , ,my "Pre 1974" guess was bang on then ! I much preferred the old style double deckers with the open rear side doorway and the silver pole to enable one to 'ang on when preparing to jump off at your chosen street corner between stops. . . . memories are indeed made of this mate !