Sociological Experiment

markendee

Are/Were you a motorcycle person  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are/Were you a motorcycle person

• Never liked bikes
    • Yes I am/was into bikes

Guest pecram air

Count Me in at 51 I still ride a Kwaka Vulcan 1500 on the sunny days offcourse. I am starting to need assistance at the far end to help me dismount.

Phil C.

I havn't ridden for years. Started om M20 BSA in the army, then a few odd types belonging to friends, and finished with a 2 stroke Yamaha. It was so bad I awore off bikes, but I do have quite a bit of sailing time. Built a 28' double diagonal Nova which I raced for a few years. I quite like to get onto a yacht but wouldn't want to own one again. It is far cheaper to fly.

Boating may be cheaper, but sailing a racing yacht soon runs away with the cash. When I was active 20 years ago a snap shackle for attaching the sail to a halyard was about $50 and they broke easily. The wind may be free but a suit of sales will set you back a kings ransom. Even marina fees are prohibitive. I used to moor in the creek until the port Authority made us all get moorings provided by them, then put in a marina. They are rather like CASA. Insist you use their facilities then charge like a wounded bull.

its a bit like flying you get to the high end or it and you get the big bucks.

i wonder if CASA and the Ports people Meet to find better ways to screw pilots and people who sail.

shafs

Guest Redair
Haven't stopped riding for 25 years...

Phil

Strewth! How big must the fuel tank on your bike be?!!!!!!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Mine wouldn't last 25 hours!!

Redair.

Guest Redair

Nice one Flyer! But I feel that I must now withdraw from this thread... I don't belong here any more... I just sold my bike:crying:036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Redair.