The Question LSA and CSU specifically of the Jab 230 d and Airmaster CSU.

SSCBD

Stuart that's a bit harsh, flywheel retention issues were fixed about mid/late Gen3. Checking the flywheel bolts though is still in the workshop manual as a regular task though.

Not sure where the speculation is, the jabiru manual  book is very specific about the maximum moment of inertia of which there are not any CS props on the market within the max range. So the point is a bit moot... or am I misunderstanding the discussion ?

Edited by RFguy

really ? brave .... I wonder if they even read the manual. that would be exceeding the limit by almost 70%.

the jab engine has a fairly small crankshaft the prop flange attachment diameter, so the max moment of propellor inertia is not something I think you want to mess to much with...

Edited by RFguy

I wonder if Jabiru have done any work on or with a CSU or with their limited budget just put it in the too hard basket in any case  flange diameter fly wheel or any other factors aside the results on performance would be interesting, if only to prove it wasn’t worth it  hence the reason to get someone else to spend their money and test it

it's only going to be a improvement at the TO roll end, and that end of the envelope  I thought was pretty damned good with the 230 loaded up  600kg-640kg

Might be but until it’s tested we may never know how good or bad the performance might be. The same could be said of any other effects modification to the airframe / engine on any of the Jabiru aircraft range

Edited by Paul davenport