Kuntzleman Red LED tail beacon fault

Thanks Skippydiesel, for that information, did you happen to get the name of the beacon.

Believe me, I have been looking for a direct replacement of a manufacture unit that we could use. 

Jabiru did not know of any or have a  direct replacement, either.

Cheers

Jim188

this might be a cheaper option, seems to be the same thing. (I suspect this is the original provider) I have one on my aircraft and it works a treat 

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle-lights/emergency-strobe/led-hideaway-strobe-lights/led-hideaway-strobe-lights-mini-emergency-vehicle-led-warning-lights-with-built-in-controller-surface-mount

Many thanks guys for your help and time with my posts.   

Boy, my googling skills are not as good as I thought or is it that Google, now days drops large numbers of web listing of those that don't pay to be founded.   

I agree with Glen, about the FlyLed having lesser brightness.

But, I also think the FlyLed Beacon seems a good option, if you don't want to waste your time trying to re-manufacture the Kuntzlman's Beacon with its higher lumen power and the FlyLed Beacon price is great as well.   

My Kuntzeman Beacon still works, after you tap or twist the base and lens, it will start to flash properly and last about month or so, then the LED array will go dim to a point where you can hardly see the LEDS, but they are lighting up, going red and flashing. But as time has gone on, it's now getting harder and harder to twist the unit to start it flashing properly again. 

So I am pondering the idea, if the FlyLed Beacon electronics could drive the Kuntzleman LED Array which seems to work fine when the power is getting to the LED Array.  

I thinking there is about a 20% chance the FlyLed Beacon electronics would be able to supply the required amperage needed for the Kuntzleman LED Array to operate.     

Cheers

Jim188