Started a spare parts list

I think I must hold the record , for ' club membership '

refusal. 

I tried to. Join the " St George & Sutherland" fishing club.

The refusal was by one committee member .

Who's brother , I purchased a boat from .

so no fishing trips , with experienced fishing members .

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Moneybox said:

https://euro-industry.com/main.php?index=details&cat=355&prod=23205115&lang=en

Wacker P12 Thermal Paste..... 

I think I've heard enough of this argument. Isn't it easier to just buy a tube?

Yep; that's what I did years ago.  Could get it from Melbourne back then.   Maybe Ian could get some into the shop at a fair price.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Yep; that's what I did years ago.  Could get it from Melbourne back then.   Maybe Ian could get some into the shop at a fair price.

Some people might not be happy to buy from overseas. If that's the case I'd happily buy a few and post locally however I'm not into buying and selling anything anymore just happy to help.

Edited by Moneybox
  • Informative 1

23 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

WWW.WAGNERONLINE.COM.AU

A thermal grease with high thermal conductivity and low thermal resistance which fills air gaps and improves heat dissipation. Best choice for thermal dissipation to improve the cooling of CPU, GPU and...

• Informative 1

On 31/08/2024 at 8:51 AM, Moneybox said:

Some people might not be happy to buy from overseas. If that's the case I'd happily buy a few and post locally however I'm not into buying and selling anything anymore just happy to help.

I just checked the price of  1 pk Wacker P12 Thermal Paste , delivered Australia, NSW - Eu 101.60 becomes $166.05 Au

Did you read my post for a recommended alternative, available in Australia from Mektronic $65.15 (delivered AU) https://mektronics.com.au/products/mg-chemicals-heat-transfer-compound-silicone-150

Am I missing something?

IMG_0016.thumb.jpeg.cd4f216eb681271fd9289a2500e32090.jpeg

I haven’t checked the freight but I doubt it’s that expensive. If the freight is the killer then perhaps find how many need a tube and ship them together?

Edited by Moneybox
  • Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 8:51 AM, Moneybox said:

Am I missing something?

Dont know how the top bit transferred.

Yes, you missing the currency conversion on the product itself and the exorbitent delivery cost also in EU - a trap for the 😈

On 2/9/2024 at 5:27 PM, skippydiesel said:

Am I missing something?

Dont know how the top bit transferred.

Yes, you missing the currency conversion on the product itself and the exorbitent delivery cost also in EU - a trap for the 😈

Buying three tubes together including freight to Cue, WA comes to $217.50 or $73.50 each. A little more then the alternate product but you get the product specified. It becomes cheaper if you can purchase more although you then have to add local post to each recipient.

• Agree 1

On 2/9/2024 at 4:16 PM, Red said:

Perhaps missing How small an amount 20ml is.

Yes 20ml is small but we don’t replace spark plugs often and a very small amount is needed for each application.

Wacker from EU - Just now - EUR 132.80 = AU 218.51= $10.96/ml

Compared with;

In Au - MG Chemicals  for $65.15 = about $ 0.44/gm

True the Wacker P12 remains Rotax recommended product, however the MG has been recommended by a highly respected Rotax  technician on the Rotax Owners Forum with the statement MG Chemicals  Heat Transfer Compound Silicon as an appropriate substitute, that he has used to good effect for 23 years.

I am merely presenting, what I believe is a rational/cost effective alternative.

There are maintainers, out there, who are obsessed with following every detail of Rotax recommended service/items, to the point where their aircraft is grounded due to their inability to make a logical alternative decision  eg to use an available product, at reasonable cost, that meets/exceeds Rotax standards, when the recommended product may be  difficult to access and prohibitively expensive.

Ultimately, I support  the right of the owner/maintainer, to use whatever they wish to look after their  Rotax. 

• Informative 1

15 hours ago, Moneybox said:

Yes 20ml is small but we don’t replace spark plugs often and a very small amount is needed for each application.

I bought a 20ml tube for my (computer repair) shop use 15 years ago..... probably used 1/10th maybe...

Never use what the manufacturers supply, preferring to use my own..

Edited by Arron25
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Arron25 said:

I bought a 20ml tube for my (computer repair) shop use 15 years ago..... probably used 1/10th maybe...

Never use what the manufacturers supply, preferring to use my own..

That's great Arroin - If you can make it to/better than Rotax specifications.

As I pointed out, some posts back, there are lots of heat sink paste options in the marketplace. As a non technical person, I am "wedded" to Rotax specifications. This does not mean I always purchase from RoTAX but do use "stuff" that meets/exceeds the Rotax standards.

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Wacker from EU - Just now - EUR 132.80 = AU 218.51= $10.96/ml

Compared with;

In Au - MG Chemicals  for $65.15 = about $ 0.44/gm

True the Wacker P12 remains Rotax recommended product, however the MG has been recommended by a highly respected Rotax  technician on the Rotax Owners Forum with the statement MG Chemicals  Heat Transfer Compound Silicon as an appropriate substitute, that he has used to good effect for 23 years.

I am merely presenting, what I believe is a rational/cost effective alternative.

There are maintainers, out there, who are obsessed with following every detail of Rotax recommended service/items, to the point where their aircraft is grounded due to their inability to make a logical alternative decision  eg to use an available product, at reasonable cost, that meets/exceeds Rotax standards, when the recommended product may be  difficult to access and prohibitively expensive.

Ultimately, I support  the right of the owner/maintainer, to use whatever they wish to look after their  Rotax. 

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, just your calculation 218.51/60 = $3.64/ml 🤪

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, Moneybox said:

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, just your calculation 218.51/60 = $3.64/ml 🤪

Must  have punched some doggy buttons - yes $3.64/gm

• Haha 1

There's a big difference between grams and millilitres, you're comparing apples to oranges. Grams is weight measure, ml is volume measure.

You can have a vast difference in quantity for the same numerical amount, depending on the S.G. of the particular product.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

There's a big difference between grams and millilitres, you're comparing apples to oranges. Grams is weight measure, ml is volume measure.

You can have a vast difference in quantity for the same numerical amount, depending on the S.G. of the particular product.

Eg, a millilitre of mercury compared to a millilitre of air. And put another way, what volume does a gram of mercury occupy, compared to a gram of air.

• Like 1

Yea but dont forget 1 millilitre of water has a mass of 1 gram, Ill bet the wacker paste isnt far off from that equivalence