Ground loop USA

Which landing? . The ground MUST be there somewhere?   By  the looks of that, HE could have done the same when taxiiing. That's NOT a REAL groundloop.   Nev

As a somewhat experienced tail wheel pilot, I see wings level down the runway suggesting the cross wind was not that strong. Then no rudder input when it was required. There would be a fair  amount of pressure flying into oshkosh. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

As a somewhat experienced tail wheel pilot, I see wings level down the runway suggesting the cross wind was not that strong. Then no rudder input when it was required. There would be a fair  amount of pressure flying into oshkosh. 

there is a windsock that looks like the wind is straight down the runway

25 gusting 30 winds even if only a few degrees off in a small taildragger is not an easy task.

I wouldnt like to criticise as I only have about 200 hours in taildraggers, but in my opinion they werent the type of conditions you should be trying a 3 pointer in a light tailwheel aircraft or using as much flap as he had in

The windsock shows a fair bit of wind. No sign of rudder action. He should have done a wheeler landing in those conditions to pin it on and not have so much flap  after contact.  Having an audience should not come into it. Put the work in that's needed on the occasion. Every landing can be different.. It shows  how incredibly docile a 180 is  at low airspeed, but you need more speed in gusts to make it safe to control. A bounce with a taildragger usually results in a nose up pitch .  Nev