Engine mounts - lubrication

8 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Now now!  Get her flying and the shear joy, wonder & privilege of flight, will grab you and all of the past struggle will be  a distant memory😈

To be clear, my plane is a HE. I nickname him Axel, but he's christened Crazy Taxi 🚖 

21 hours ago, facthunter said:

What are you lubricating rubber for? It's not used in large angular displacement situations . Nev

My poor choice of words - the initial subject query should have been titled ‘rubber protectant’, not lubricant.

9 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

To be clear, my plane is a HE. I nickname him Axel, but he's christened Crazy Taxi 🚖 

As in Axel Foley ??

IMG_0287.thumb.jpeg.a2ed826dae2a2b175f568e7a18b6b821.jpeg

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.96c8f1cc63578080e20003c12ef387c9.pngapparently this stuff is made to work with rubber and any chemist has it for $8 a tube. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrendAn said:

image.thumb.png.96c8f1cc63578080e20003c12ef387c9.pngapparently this stuff is made to work with rubber and any chemist has it for $8 a tube. 😁

Mounting  Lubricant ???? The things people do with their engines😈

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Mounting  Lubricant ???? The things people do with their engines😈

i suppose you could call it mounting lubricant 😁

• Haha 1

Are you trying to F your plane? Just keep OIL away from rubber to start with. You don't want to have it turning against any surface.  Silentbloc bushes are vulcanised to the inner and outer surface of the outside and inside steel bush respectively.  Nev

• Like 1

I have a stupid question... are their generic 912ULS engine mounts? or does each airframe manufacturer have their own?

• Like 2

To the best of my knowledge,  the engine mounting system and mounts are the responsibility of the airframe  maker. This is likly due to the wide range of engine mounting systems  and sizes .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1