Avalon Airshow Fly in

Last time no fly-ins were allowed into Avalon East, and never into Avalon. Instead, flying visitors were diverted to Lethbridge, some 50kms via road, then buses organised to Avalon and back.

To my understanding, Avalon East property/aerodrome was sold, and new owner is using land for agriculture, or something similar.

Pity that we can't organise something similar to Oshkosh.

• Like 1

RaAus recently published an invitation to apply to fly in to and display RaAus aircraft at Avalon. The only glitch is that you have to be there for the entire period (which may suit your purposes?). Ring RaAus and they’ll fill you in. 

I should add that if you don’t like making phone calls (I know I don’t) then the people at RaAus are very nice and helpful on the phone. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 25/07/2024 at 8:53 AM, sfGnome said:

RaAus recently published an invitation to apply to fly in to and display RaAus aircraft at Avalon. The only glitch is that you have to be there for the entire period (which may suit your purposes?). Ring RaAus and they’ll fill you in. 

Yeah, I put my hand up for 7315 to be displayed and now it's given me a good excuse to do up the livery as I don't really like the look of it XD. I was wondering for future ref. It's kinda a shame we cannot fly in as it would bring massive value to all pilots and the general public.

Edited by WIngsWithoutBarriers