Piper Archer down SW Sydney 22/08/2024

14 hours ago, planedriver said:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/lightplane-crashes-into-sydney-park/2d06cae1-3d3c-4815-98f3-cd8ff9c1c03f

Lucky escape for two on board just 5 mins flight west of Bankstown.

Time to buy a lottery ticket for a great outcome.

Maybe don't buy an Angel Flights lottery ticket... that reminds me I wonder how the co-promoters Royce Crown and Margorie Pagani are going.

Don't expect any action soon on the Angel Flight lottery sordid affair. It seems pretty obvious that bringing a con-artist to justice in NSW doesn't rate as a priority, especially as the individual involved is a Canadian citizen.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/angel-flight-shattered-by-businessmans-unmet-promise-to-raise-half-a-million-dollars-for-lottery-prize/ff93a1e3-2e69-4bfb-bd41-38352a779da1

Yes, Terone Park is top-right in this pic, whereas the ARFF WORLD

video had zoomed in to the little green patch at the lower left.

Interesting that they'd sourced the Mayday call, though.

image.thumb.png.ad52f0bca331e54a0cb0bb93fff40123.png

• Like 1

Pretty good result really .....can be happy about that. Lived to tell the tale.

But why did it stop?

Being on top of the maintenance of my Archer I feel it's only going to ever stop if the the pilot messed up (fuel selection, fuel monitoring ) , or something got missed in maintenance. Lycomings and Pipers dont just stop randomly. Everything that breaks or wears out is absolutely known.

glen

Edited by RFguy
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, RFguy said:

Pretty good result really .....can be happy about that. Lived to tell the tale.

But why did it stop?

Being on top of the maintenance of my Archer I feel it's only going to ever stop if the the pilot messed up (fuel selection, fuel monitoring ) , or something got missed in maintenance. Lycomings and Pipers dont just stop randomly. Everything that breaks or wears out is absolutely known.

glen

Blocked fuel lines, fuel turned off, someone hung a handbag on the Mixture control, if you have a look on ATSB over the years a lot go down, usually without injuries or too much damage, most find a golf course and are trucked back to the airport. I nearly had one by turning the fuel off. The previous student hadn't turned it off and I got in and just turned the lever 1/4 on the quadrant; luckily we were still taxying when the engine quit.

Edited by turboplanner
  • Like 2