Cabin covers

I want to get a weather proof cover for the 701 - mainly because the windscreen and top polycarbonate get very dusty where it's currently sitting.

Just sent a request for quote to Punkin Head - are there any other suppliers you can recommend?

Anyone made their own?

My last aircraft had a nice homemade job (just for the cockpit).

New plane has an at home, all over job and a separate, lightweight reflective canopy only,  for away trips. Both by Punkin head.  Photo of Mk1 away cover - needed fixing/adjustment,  which they did.

image.thumb.jpeg.13162f2c28a675ea9128d96ceafbe6e5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c4f6c75442ed8742bc8f37f88864b54f.jpeg

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Punkin Head covers for the win.

Unless she has a 701 nearby to examine, all she needs is some good paper templates, she should be able to advise how to make those.

• Informative 1

Yeah the quote was a bit high for me (not saying they're expensive, just that I'm cheap).

I've ordered a car cover from Ebay and will set to work with scissors and the wife's sewing machine when it arrives.

• Like 1

IMG_2989.thumb.jpeg.7c46b4da7250b21b63a370f63e7f7221.jpegGidday Marty

A couple of  places over here make these for about $1200NZD.  Heaps of nice features.   Not sure if they have a pattern for a 701, this fits my S perfectly. 

• Like 1