Taildragger photos

red750

The Taildragger Group on Facebook posted some great photos which I have downloaded and posted here. This is just half of them. I will post the rest later. They have not been resized or altered in any way. Click on them to see the full sized version.

BC613K.jpg

C903H.jpg

MX431WG.jpg

N3827V.jpg

N5626H.jpg

N64614.jpg

N74282.jpg

NB14048.jpg

NC158E.jpg

• Like 3

Oooo a Dromader..nice

That Piper Pacer is an odd one, it actually started life as a Tripacer I assume someone with a bit of sense bought it and converted it into the superior layout

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Red said:

Oooo a Dromader..nice

That Piper Pacer is an odd one, it actually started life as a Tripacer I assume someone with a bit of sense bought it and converted it into the superior layout

You wouldn't say that about a Drom if you flew one 😉

Yes, the bloke who owned the PA20-22 thought it a good idea to convert it. I have to admit it made a very pretty aircraft but......

Virtually no difference in performance or weight and no difference in short field ability. All sorts of claims by the STC sellers and those who want to brag but they are all wrong. It does make a very pretty aircraft though.

• Informative 1

Yea I've heard they arn't exactly nice handling but Id still like to ave a go.

as for the PA20 with tailgear not being any more short field capable, well maybe not performance figures wise but there are other consideration in some of the rougher land outs

I've only flown the 2 seater vagabond though.

17 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

Nice, theres one like that exept with a jab engine in the Hanger I share.

I've noticed he always wheels in on, never seen him 3 point, is this the preferred method for the thrasher?

Thrusters can three point however tail low wheeling is kinder on the airframe. These are high drag low inertia aircraft. You can see from the pic that the wing is at stall angle sitting on the ground.

The jabiru engined Thrusters, the T600, are a British development of the original aussie machine. 

Edited by Thruster88
  • Informative 1

As an aside, If you've never read it I can heartily recommend "Propellerhead".... the story of a Brit (Pommy B*****d) learning to fly in a Thrasher😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1