Private airstrips around Taggerty Vic

Hi Everyone,

We are thinking of moving to Taggerty / Alexandra shortly. Does anyone know of a private airstrip in the area that might accommodate a low wing LSA long term?

Taggerty airstrip is no longer in use and Lilydale / Coldstream is a bit to far.

Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

This Forum is international - learn to read posts😈

The OP asks for information regarding private airstrips around Taggerty, Victoria. Also mentions Coldsteam and Lilydale. 

How much more information do you need in a post? Seems clear enough to me where he meant even without checking an atlas.

• Agree 2

Skippy, the title and the question is abundantly clear enough - even to us Left Coasters. I think you should apologise to Murrayg for your narky questioning, it wasn't called for.

• Agree 3

Hi Red,  Thanks for this - I have looked at that - but google satellite shows no sign of an airfield there (It is also known as Thornton airstrip) and I cannot find any contact details. It is certainly close enough though. I will do more digging on it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, murrayg said:

Jesus wept

I believe you are correct, if not factually, certainly 😈

14 hours ago, onetrack said:

Skippy, the title and the question is abundantly clear enough - even to us Left Coasters. I think you should apologise to Murrayg for your narky questioning, it wasn't called for.

Oooooh! certainly woke up this sleepy (parochial) Forum😈😁

• Sad 1

Yes true - further up around Alexandra is a bit better. I do realise that I am grasping at straws a bit.

Not a lot of flat country around Taggerty.

I think your main options would be Lilydale ($110/month on tiedown, ~$550/month hangar but may not be available), Coldstream (soon to be redeveloped?), or maybe Mansfield (Walsh's).

Get the Country Airstrip Guide for Victoria, or you can buy online subscription within AvPlan, there are several strips with the Owner/Operator contact phone numbers:

YTGG - Taggerty

Y0RS - Murrindindi (Narangi)

YYEA - Yeaburn

YMEO - Merton

below are in ERSA:

YMFD - Mansfield

YCEM - Coldstream

YLIL - Lilydale

there are others too, but decided not to publish their details.. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Hi Bosi,

Thanks for these - I have looked at most of these - Murrindini looks good but unfortunately is around the other side of a mountain range. Merton is probably the best realisticly.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2024 at 2:13 PM, skippydiesel said:

No State/No Country  -Typical Mexican living in the Centre of the Known Universe😈

you must live under a rock if you haven't heard of lilydale or coldstream.  have you gone off your meds again.

On 20/09/2024 at 6:15 PM, murrayg said:

Hi Bosi,

Thanks for these - I have looked at most of these - Murrindini looks good but unfortunately is around the other side of a mountain range. Merton is probably the best realisticly.

why are you leaving albany. did that 14 years ago and still wish we had of stayed there.

Hi Bosi,    Temporary move for 5 or so years - just to explore the east coast easily. We will keep our Albany place to move back to in our dotage.