new headset on sale

I bought one. I like buying stiff from Clear Prop where I can, as it supports this forum.

Overall, works well, ANR works, Bluetooth works easily (when you read the instructions 🙃 , which are basic anyway, but do read them)

Is it as good as the popular more expensive brands - no idea, I haven't tried them.

Is it better that my DC H10-13.4 or my Clarity Aloft with BT set I've been using? Overall yes.

The only minor issue I've had is that the volume that comes through when I speak seems low.

I can hear other transmissions/passenger fine, just when I speak, the volume seems low.

But I generally have some idea of what I'm saying (well, I hope so), so not really that much of a problem.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RossK said:

I bought one. I like buying stiff from Clear Prop where I can, as it supports this forum.

Overall, works well, ANR works, Bluetooth works easily (when you read the instructions 🙃 , which are basic anyway, but do read them)

Is it as good as the popular more expensive brands - no idea, I haven't tried them.

Is it better that my DC H10-13.4 or my Clarity Aloft with BT set I've been using? Overall yes.

The only minor issue I've had is that the volume that comes through when I speak seems low.

I can hear other transmissions/passenger fine, just when I speak, the volume seems low.

But I generally have some idea of what I'm saying (well, I hope so), so not really that much of a problem.

if the volume seems low it has nothing to do with the headset itself. It is to do with the side tone from your radio or your Intercom. You should be able to adjust this and ideally you want to match it to the Intercom, the side tone and the received transmissions so that they are all balanced

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

if the volume seems low it has nothing to do with the headset itself. It is to do with the side tone from your radio or your Intercom. You should be able to adjust this and ideally you want to match it to the Intercom, the side tone and the received transmissions so that they are all balanced

Thanks for the reply, but I'm going to need more help/information, Side tone isn't something i've heard of, so not sure what needs adjusting.

External transmissions come through loud and clear, Passenger comms come through loud and clear, it's only my own transmission that come through with low volume when using this particular headset.

it's going to relate back to the radio or Intercom that you have installed, this is what controls the side tone. Please give us more information about your particulate set up and we might be able to give you some direction, radio, intercom etc

Don’t know if this helps (as it refers to a different headset), but my Lightspeed headset has a physical microphone volume preset control built in (somewhere, hidden under a little cover that I could tell you about if I looked up the manual again… 😛)