URGENT - I need 25+ Cessna Towbars made

Admin

Hi all and especially those that may have a workshop that can weld up some steel tubing to make a Cessna Towbar, in fact I need 25 of them for a price.

Here is an example of one although something similar would suit:

WWW.CLEARPROP.COM.AU

TOWBAR - CESSNA DELUXEThe deluxe Cessna towbar is very popular and designed for those who demand the ultimate in convenience and...

I need them asap and perhaps I could even buy more if these work out ok

Thanks if you can help

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

HI Ian  I have one in my hangar I'll get out there on Sunday and can get some measurements for you.  Hopefully you track down one locally.  Cheers.

That will be fantastic mate, thanks so much. I need every possible measurement including the tubing thickness, the maximum the arms can spring out and can go in etc...anything you can think of to allow a fabricator to make them.

Aussie made for Aussie Aviators...and cheaper than the US...YAY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Also @Blueadventures remember if possible, photos speak a thousand words unless you are @red750 who may photoshop some of his joke photos...hehe 🤣

Will do;  If you can arrange getting it from Mackay to you, you are welcome to borrow it for a month or two and send back up.  Hopefully you will get hold of one closer to you.  Any way I'll try and make time to call over and get it tomorrow afternoon and send some details and images.  Cheers.

2 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

Will do;  If you can arrange getting it from Mackay to you, you are welcome to borrow it for a month or two and send back up.  Hopefully you will get hold of one closer to you.  Any way I'll try and make time to call over and get it tomorrow afternoon and send some details and images.  Cheers.

Or I could trace out its outline on paper and post to you with the dimensions on the outline.

• Like 1

IMG_0660.jpeg.122286214cb2a379bd25ba0bb4199e63.jpegI have one of these if that helps, but it is constructed of aluminium, not steel…….and it has a crack on the bend of the handle. It appears this point is where all of the ‘flex’ force becomes focussed when the wheel attachment points are opened out, and ultimately fails.

It’s a pity - the lightweight is great, but trying to repair thin aluminium tubing is a tad tricky.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Freizeitpilot said:

IMG_0660.jpeg.122286214cb2a379bd25ba0bb4199e63.jpegI have one of these if that helps, but it is constructed of aluminium, not steel…….and it has a crack on the bend of the handle. It appears this point is where all of the ‘flex’ force becomes focussed when the wheel attachment points are opened out, and ultimately fails.

It’s a pity - the lightweight is great, but trying to repair thin aluminium tubing is a tad tricky.

Maybe wrap area in tape and epoxy?

• Like 1

And a longer one, TWM was a pain in the butt to move on your own, tucked under the prop with the short alloy one.

i made a steel one long with an acme thread on one ide with hollow tube to wind onto the spigots. Left it in the hanger to use at base and only had the alloy one for trips in the luggage area.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1