Hoxton Park Closure

Guest David C

Guest David C

AD C0004/08

WITH EFFECT FM 0810271259 AERODROME DCSMD

FROM 02 140608 TO PERM

There we have it . We all knew that Hoxton Park was closing some time later this year , but until it's gazetted in NOTAMS it never seems to hit home does it . A sad day it will be on Oct 27th .

Dave C

it has been in the notams for about 2 months now, hopefully somone will organise a big flyin for its last day, the SAAA had a huge BBQ last week as it was their last meeting at the airport...

very sad day indeed.. just hope all those new residence like the M7 noise 24 hrs a day!

oh the runway itself is also Heritage Listed, and cannot be removed.. so it will be used as the main road of the new estate there..088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Guest David C

A big fly in on the last operational day would be fantastic . I will be in the UK on that day , however , my heart will be heavy and my thoughts will be of YHOX , thats for sure .049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Dave C

There is a fly in, but it is not on the last day (I think that clashes with something, maybe Nowra). From memory it is on the 19th of October, but that is only from memory and it is late/early (watching the Olympics), so it is advisable to check the date! It's a weekend.

HOLD ON !!!!!

I have heard it ffrom an employee of the company which runs the Sydney Basin GA airports that the closing date for Hoxton Park has been put back to 15th December 2008.

Old Man Emu

Guest David C

All I can say is great stuff !!! Lets hope there is a further delay , you never know , it may stretch into 2009 . Now that would be GOOD ..

Dave C

The story I got today was that one of the hangar owners at Hoxton was promised a new hangar at BK to move into before Hoxton closed. Construction of the hangar was way behind time, so the owner dropped an injunction onto BAL.

I went past the hangar site at BK today, and they are still doing site preparation work.

Anyone care to guess how long it will take to complete the hangar?

(Hey! There's an idea. Let's organise a sweep to guess the completion date of the hangar. Ten bucks in; winner gets 50% of the pot and the remainder is spent on a wake for Hoxton! ) keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Old Man Emu

would it be nice if all the freight from bankstown was moved to Hoxton, right next to the M7 and everything, land available for distribution centres, airport remains open and operational, and the newly vacant land at Bankstown be redeveloped into whatever makes the most money... best of both worlds.

Guest David C

That would be the best of both Worlds and a logical solution too . Problem is logic doesn't seem to be high on the developers list of priorities sadly .049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Dave C