What do you do for a living?

Guest Fred Bear

I could get into instruction again it might be different..

Or you could put a sidecar on one of your old motorcycles, put your toolbox in it and tour the country doing maintenance on peoples aircraft.

I'll be your first customer:wink:

Regards Bill

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass that one, thanks Bill. I've never had the inclination to be an L2 and work on other people's aircraft. Don't mind working on my own, ( in fact I would trust FEW to work on mine) and repairing a piece here and there. I need more than a toolbox.

When I can't access my workshop, I feel like I have had both arms removed, if I have to do anything. The machinery is only old junk but it all works. ( for me anyhow).Nev

• Like 1

Unfortunately it is looking that way 80 k. certainly at a high participation level. If I lived somewhere else where it was more intensive and I could get into instruction again it might be different.. Pity as things are looking up a bit at the moment, (as I see it). in the U/L scene. Ive held on to the Fisher for a while but I think it may have to go...Nev

Those Fisher Horizon 2 aircraft seem to be a really nice 'ship'. Design engine size is 65 to 115 hp. What power do you have in front of the firewall, Nev?

I hope you can find a way to keep it 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

• Like 1

It's a Continental C-95 16F. about 90 to 95 HP, depending on what revs you use.Virtually an O-2oo. Most parts are common.. This plane was actually personally owned and built by Michael Fisher, who owned Fisher Aero Corp at the point he sold the company, which now operates as Fisher Flying Products. There is a website (fishnet). Nev

Crikey, Good to see we all come from all walks of life.Here's my story. I joined the army at 17 did my trade as an avionics technician working on blackhawks and then on to MRH90's where i was lucky enough to be on the first of class flight trials where we developed ships helo operating limits for the type.

When i got out of the army i went into agricultural electronics, calibrating grain moisture meters and the like. After that i got into selling grain dryers and aeration.

Up til monday when i go back to working on the MRH90's

YAY

cheers

Toally

I might see you around there....I work for the competition over on BlackHawk and Kiowa.

Well I turn 60 this year Kevin, and for the first time in my life I'm not that keen on another birthday. I think it's the realisation that 60 something sounds a whole lot worse than 50 something. Still, I'm looking forward to spending time with my Grandkids and family, looking forward to spending time on the road in this great country we have, and of course, doing as much flying as possible. These activities will be ramped up when I finally retire sometime in the next 5 years. Like a lot of people here I suspect, tussling with the idea of no steady regular income after retirement is taking up a far bit of thought. I'm looking forward to being busier than ever though, it will be on activities of my choosing, not something I have to do.Pud

One of my grandfathers witticisms:

"Never worry about having more birthdays, worry about not having them...."

from a guy that couldn't bring himself to retire until his body ceased to function to a level that was in some way productive. He was a tool maker and die sinker by trade (owned a 30 employee strong company), and he had Parkinson's disease for the last 15 yrs of his career. "Retired" at 84, passed away 2 yrs later.

• Like 1