Hi there

Just joined yesterday after watching the site for a while so thought I'd do the right thing and post. After a life-long interest in aviation decided in 2007 to learn to fly GA - at the age of 60. Unfortunately after 20 hours in C152 at YSBK and just coming up to soloing CASA decided my distance vision wasn't up to scratch so they declined my medical.I've decided RA is the way to go and hope to get back into flying later this year. Looking at some of the other newbies makes me jealous. So many people seem to be active aviators and even own or are building their own aircraft. Oh well!!See you soon Dennis

Guest Decca

:welcome:to the forums Dennis. That must have been a shock after spending a lot of money. Maybe it was meant to happen, and you have found yourself in a potentially better position.

Regards, Decca.

Welcome deltacharlie, I can understand how you feel about that.

I would strongly suggest that you take a drive out to The Oaks and have a chat with Dave one weekend.

They're a great bunch of guys out there who'd make you feel very welcome in a very relaxed atmosphere.

I'm a few years senior to you and would love to be able to fly if Kevin was to give a stimulus payment for flying training, but whenever I take a trip out to The Oaks, I come home feeling elated and happy that I made made the trip.

Give it a try, I don't think you'd be dissapointed.

Dave's phone number is (02) 46572771

Kind Regards

Planey